Free video on demand movies not really free FALSE ADVETISING
jnlpurvis

Is anyone else frustrated by the fact that when you select The on demand movies and go to the FREE movies, not all of them are FREE as advertised.  After speaking with a representative, I was told that even though the movies are under the free section, if I wanted to see certain movies, I would need to upgrade to the extreme or ultimate tv lineup which would cost me $25.00 to $50.00 more a month.  SO the movies are not really free,  I explained that if you have to subscribe to a specific channel to view certain movies, then they should be listed inder that "premium" channel like HBO or SHOWTIME.    Talk about FALSE ADVERTISING - the rep was very kind and kept apologizing, but could give me no answer other than I would need to pay more money in order to be able to see these movies that are listed under the FREE movie section.  Thanks but no thanks, I will rent them from redbox.  Extremely frustrated.

0 Likes
Re: Free video on demand movies not really free FALSE ADVETISING
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

I agree that the label is a bit misleading.

Question: What should they label it?

Keep in mind that VOD can't know what package people have to dynamically nake the folder.

0 Likes
jnlpurvis

Free means free.  If the movie is not free for all there are already other sections for that.  If they have different levels of channels,  like they do,  they can set up different levels for the free movies. Ex, free for ultimate HD package.  Then you can go to your level of viewing package to see movies free for you. 

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Problem is that packages change names and content over time.

And imagine how hard it would be to keep up lists when content is available in multiple packages.

0 Likes
jnlpurvis

Sorry I disagree,  It doesnt even tell you what package or channel you would have to subscribe to to get certain movies, if they have a way to lock you out of it, they have a way to catagorize it.  The rep could not even tell me what I would have to subscribe to to get certain movies.  Just that if I wanted them all I would have to spend $ 60.00 more a month.  Its not worth my money to do that.  I refuse to pay that much. I realize you are in defense of them, maybe on their payroll, but I believe if they can lock you out of it, they can create a seperate category for it.  Technology has come too far for something that easy, especially on their level. 

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

I nice suggestion for improvement.  Not sure how they show up under the newer VOD.  I am now Frontier and they still use the old guide where they are more clearly labeled Free AND Premium.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

They do as Free and Premium on FIOS as well.

Issue is that Free is content that if you have all channels in your programming package. If you happen to not have a particular channel, that content will be listed in the free area, but would in fact not be free for you.

0 Likes
Kim610
Enthusiast - Level 1

Xfininty offers over 9000 free movies. I saw it at my friends house. Fios doesn’t offer more than 70 if that. What a joke. I’m switching 

kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

In order to keep discussion on the community current, this topic has been locked to prevent new replies. If you have a similar question or issue that you wish to discuss, then please feel free to post a new message on the most relevant board. Thanks!

0 Likes