Funimation Canceled!

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Funimation Canceled!

Message 41 of 508
(3,850 Views)

I am NOT happy to hear this!!  I want to switch as soon as possible to another provider that does have it.  I am hoping that the people who made this decision see this and decide to keep it., otherwise, they are losing my business.

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 42 of 508
(3,841 Views)

I'm very disappointed in this decision as well as it is also one of the few channels I actually watch. With Funimation gone there will be no reason for me to keep the Extreme HD package as it's the only channel difference from the Prime HD package that I'd miss. Very sad news indeed, I really hope this decision is reconsidered. 😞

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 43 of 508
(3,826 Views)

This is very upsetting news. I watch the FUNimation channel almost every day and dvr the shows I can't stay up late for. This is the only network on FIOS that shows anime all day long. We cannot watch shows such as Sekirei, Fairy Tales, The Sacred Blacksmith any so many other anywhere else.

Please reconsider removing this channel, I'm sure there are other channels with lower 'ratings' than FUNimation. How does Verizon know how many people actually watch a particular channel anyway, there are no Neilsen boxes as far as I am aware.

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 44 of 508
(3,815 Views)

I'm super bummed about this. The Funimation Channel, and like 3 or 4 other channels are all I watch anymore. This is a sad day. Smiley Sad

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 45 of 508
(3,788 Views)

I am extremely outraged and disappointed upon receiving this news from Verizon. The FUNimation channel is the absolute and only reason I've moved to Fios over my other provider. I even canceled with my previous provider when Verizon came to my region because I found out they offered the FUNimation channel. I am sad to say that if Verizon continues forward with this decision I will be forced to move my business elsewhere.

Please do not cancel this channel.

Highlighted
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Message 46 of 508
(3,786 Views)

I used the 'Contact Us' link and sent an eMail too.  I doubt it will change their minds, but it's the best we can do.

Maybe somehow we can get the story picked up on one of the bigger (don't take offense at this) 'geek sites'?

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 47 of 508
(3,784 Views)

Why?Verizon,this is the only channel and my favorite I watch.We want what  we pay for.Thats about the only thing I like from verizon.So,please don't take that away.

Highlighted
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Message 48 of 508
(3,776 Views)

As expected, I got the canned 'Very low viewership' response back from my eMail (twice no less).  Both VZ replies were sure to try to sell me OTHER stuff.  

Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 49 of 508
(3,763 Views)

In regards to the ideas and fears of us not getting throught o FiOS, I called the Customer Care Line (1-800-837-4966). The representative told me that the contract with the FUNimation Channel is about to expire (March 15, 2012) and since they believe that there is low viewership they may NOT renew the contract. HOWEVER, by calling, he told me, I was being documented and as one of the costumers expressing interest in the channels being dropped. THEY PLAN TO REVIEW THE RECORDS FROM THE CUSTOMER CARE LINE TO DETERMINE THE ACTUAL CUSTOMER INTEREST IN THE FUNIMATION CHANNEL.

So? CALL! CALL! CALL! 1-800-837-4966. TELL THEM YOU ARE INTERESTED IN THE CHANNELS BEING DROPPED AND WISH FOR THAT TO BE REFLECTED IN THE RECORDS!

This is not a joke. Just call, please!

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 50 of 508
(3,753 Views)

I received a great deal of help from a number of customer call center rep's about this issue. The ironic thing is none of them in the departments have even heard about this issue SO KEEP THE CALLS GOING. I was told to voice my concern to the head corporate Verizon office.

Verizon's Corporate Office Headquarters in the USA:
140 West Street
New York, NY 10007
Corporate Phone Number: 1-212-395-1000
Corporate Fax Number: 1-212-571-1897
Corporate Email: n/a
Corporate Stock Symbol: VZ

There are the details, spread the news, voice your opinion, send emails, sign the petition

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/savefunimation/

GOOD LUCK!!

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.