Funimation Canceled!

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Funimation Canceled!

Message 121 of 508
(1,510 Views)

As part of the information age, I noticed that Verizon did not ask for community input of these two channel.  'There are too few of us watching'.  And, just where did that information come from?  I need an alternative from
Disney channels.  It is a shame that what we watch is now being dictated.  Schools, internet, and

TV.  Welcome to the new world order of educating the young.  I kept the expensive FIOS for these channels.  Guess I will go else where.

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 122 of 508
(1,507 Views)

I am beyond **bleep** off about this, I just got the email myself. All of my televisions and I do mean all of them are on the Funimation channel 97% of the time the tvs are on ( yes that means that even my mother watches it also). This was the deciding factor of me choosing fios in the first place. Alot of the people I know that told me about fios also said that the main reason that chose fios is for the simple fact that they carried this channel. I think this is totally bogus because instead of just getting rid of the channel without even discussing it with Funimation or their loyal fans/ watchers is a bunch of crap. Verizon is going to lose alot of suscribers and sad to say I might be one of them if they get rid of this channel.

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 123 of 508
(1,506 Views)

I have the double play and I pay $155 with all the movie channels. And with all the issues I see my aunt having with her house phone I will never have any type of phone service through verizon. MagicJack is wayyy better.

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 124 of 508
(1,487 Views)

I hope FUNimation (and our voices/opinions) can convince Verizion to keep this channel in the lineup. I seriously think FUNimation channel is a prime reason I haven't gone insane yet! I look forward to tuning in when I come home from work each evening. My little brother loves this station, too; and it gives us things to talk about b/c anime is probably the only thing he & I both give a hoot about. Truly, ch. 262 is one of my Top 5 channels on Fios (well, I count all the ESPN channels as 1 ;-p). Please, for the love of righteousness, don't drop this channel Verizon!

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 125 of 508
(1,485 Views)

BTW I hope that when Verizon got their headcount of how many watchers tune in, they counted the number of times I had to DVR shows from FUNimation. I work insane hours, as do countless others. Our DVR'ing should count!!

I can't believe I am actually considering turning all the TVs on in my home & tuning to ch. 262 before I leave for work every day - just to help the numbers (which I suspect aren't as low as Verizon makes it seem)....

Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Re: Funimation Canceled! I'm Not Surprised at all--

Message 126 of 508
(1,480 Views)

Verizon is claiming low viewership, but I can name a few channels where the viewership is definitely lower.  SOAPNet for example.  Viewership for soap operas is so low that the major networks cancelled all of them except one, but FIOS is still wasting bandwidth on SOAPNet. 

And the glut of sports channels is ridiculous.  The FIOS people need to carefully rethink this one.  They are wrong about viewership, and if Funimation goes, millions of viewers will go with it.  Why don't the executives making these decisions ever ask the actual viewers?  Instead of asking the people who are paying for the channels, they make decisions based solely on their own personal preferences.  Sheesh.  I am getting more dissatisfied by the day.  

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 127 of 508
(1,466 Views)

I called up and spoke to a representative but all she could do is look up my account and confirm that Funimation will be dropped.  There's not much they can do but hopefully this thread is a good indication that Funimation still has a huge fanbase.

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 128 of 508
(1,466 Views)

I am unhappy with this. There are many other channels, like, The Outdoor Channel, which should be removed. I'm flooded with about a dozen religious preacher channels, and those all get to stay?

I dunno. Cablevision has been soliciting new services... and I did switch to FiOS for FUNimations.... maybe its time to switch back. Sigh... 

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 129 of 508
(1,438 Views)

Without Funimation Channel there is no reason to stick with FiOS. The day after they turn off Funimation I will turn off FiOS. What do they plan to replace it with a cooking show, more music channels, maybe a channel about lighthouse. There has to be other channels that have lower viewership.

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 130 of 508
(1,408 Views)

Can't say that I'll drop FiOS completely, but I'll definitely be downgrading to a lower/cheaper tier if they drop Funimation.  That's pretty much the only reason I have the Extreme package.  Guess it's time to start looking at other alternatives to TV again, especially at the rates they're charging.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.