Switch Account

Funimation Canceled!

Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Re: Funimation Canceled!

Message 131 of 508
(1,436 Views)

As many have stated, this decision based on "low viewership" is questionable.  I'm not here to denigrate other channels but I believe providers like Verizon become successful because they offer a variety of programs to an audience with varying interests.  This lack of variety is part of the reason why network television is seeing shrinking viewership.  Verizon as a relative newcomer to the cable television industry needs to realize anime fans are loyal to their shows (as witnessed by the numerous expos held around the country).  They should also realize anime attracts a certain demographic audience, one that I think they would want to keep on their network.  Rather than just dropping the channel, they should work with Funimation to renegotiate the terms if that's what is driving their decision.  It appears Funimation is willing to consider this option based on the messages they are scrolling with their programs.  Let's hope Verizon will reconsider this decision before the deadline in March.

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 132 of 508
(1,435 Views)

i can believe they canceling one one and only favorite channel if this happen i guess is time to quit verizon

if they drop this channel i hope Funimation channel go to Cablevision this is the only reason why i move to verizon because they

have this channel but if there wont be no more Funimation channel thme there is no point.

Please verizon dont do this think in others peoples Happyness there is alot of peoples who allways watching this channel.

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 133 of 508
(1,413 Views)

Completely and totally ridiculous! Funimation has to be the most watched and dvr'd on my set top and to hear its being cancelled makes me cringe! Once I found out that Verizon offered  this channel opposed to other platforms made it a lot easier to switch but now you tell me its being cancelled and I'm ready to go back to my original provider. Im disgusted that Verizon would remove this channel and leave all of the other nonsense that is currently not being watched at all in my eyes, in tact! Once my contract expires I have some thinking to do in regards to keeping this mess. Maybe I'll join the netflix wave! Time will tell!

Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 134 of 508
(1,394 Views)

people who havent voted here should. They already have 100 votes to keep funimation up.

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Share-Your-Ideas-with-Verizon/idb-p/ideas

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 135 of 508
(1,386 Views)

I did I was 101. Still can Verizon at least tell us why they want to remove it and it better not be the stupid reason like well it have to much violence, nudity, or etc. because that just bull and I was a good reason why they would remove one of the greatest channel they every had. It the only channel that I watch more then five hour a day. It is the only anime channel out there and nobody else have this channel expect Verizon.

Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 136 of 508
(1,363 Views)
Well, I spoke with a Customer Care representative today who claimed that the decision had nothing to do with Verizon. She instead claimed that it had to do with the Nielsen Ratings Company which is something that I do not believe in the slightest sense. Based on the varying responses that everyone seems to be getting from Customer Care, Verizon knows what they're doing. They're probably going to add FUNimation to VOD and force us to subscribe.
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 137 of 508
(1,304 Views)

Great!   Another favorite channel canceled!!   How irritating.   My brother and I watch this channel daily and it has some of the more Interesting programming going out there.   I can't believe the Channels like, CSPAN and CoutTV has more viewership!  If they keep dropping channels and not drop the price as well, which is why "WE ALL" pay a monthly fee to watch the channels, I may go back to DISH Network!

VERIZON, RECONSIDER DROPPING FUNIMATION!!!!!!   PLEASE!!!!!!

Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 138 of 508
(1,266 Views)

I am very displeased with Verizon's move on removing Funimation Channel from it's lineup...

I will most likely reconsider my service options because I can easily find cheaper and get the same or similar deal else where. I only really got the Service for Funimation. I will also not recommend Verizon as a service.

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 139 of 508
(1,261 Views)

Oh Noooooooooo!!!

Funimation is my favorite channel.  I really hope Verizon reconsiders cancelling this channel.

I'm already reconsidering my decision to go to Fios TV.  This is gonna make me want to go back to what i had.  =(

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 140 of 508
(1,259 Views)

Dear FOIS Executives,

I enjoy the Funimation Channel on your service as one of the few channels that I do watch regulary. If you chose to drop this channel from my service I will be dropping you from my house hold. I would much rather see you give me the option to not have the sports channels like ESPN and give more more channels likeFunimation and even give them to me in HD. FIOS may have the best picture but the lack of HD channels that I actually want to watch is starting to wear thin. If I do not see Funimation Channel stay on my channel lineup and in the near future see it in HD as well as the rest of the cartoon channels I will be returning to Brighthouse Cable for internet and just watch Netflix and Hulu.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.