Switch Account

Funimation Canceled!

Highlighted
Silver Contributor V
Silver Contributor V

Re: Funimatio

Message 151 of 508
(1,866 Views)

We sometimes make changes to our channel lineup in order to continue offering our customers the most popular programming. We try to maintain all services offered, but sometimes changes need to be made. The good news is that FUNimation programming is still available on their website (www.funimation.com) and with FiOS Internet, you are getting the nation's fastest, most consistent Internet with unmatched downstream speeds of up to 150 mbps and upstream speeds of more than 35 mbps.

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Funimation Canceled!

Message 152 of 508
(1,847 Views)

I'm registering my complaint about canceling Funimation.  It was the reason why I upgraded my FiOS package.  It runs in my house all the time. 

If Verizon is dropping Funimation, I'll downgrade my package.  And when I find another provider with the channel - FiOS is gone.

Highlighted
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Message 153 of 508
(1,845 Views)

Are you kidding Heather?  Are you actually trying to sell us MORE services, when you have 16+ pages of people saying they want you to KEEP this channel on the TV platform?

Trust me when I say that most of the people who watch this channel are already VERY internet savy, and know they can find Funimation on the web.  We don't want that.  We want the channel.  We want to be surprised with new programming.  We know we can stream 80% of their content from Netflix (commercial free I may add) or their site, but that doesn't compare to the 'oh wow' feeling discovering something on the channel.  I can name several series on this channel I would have normally bypassed when looking through lists of things to 'stream'.

Highlighted
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Message 154 of 508
(1,835 Views)

^I agree entirely on the last post. Anime isn't new to a lot of us and would rather keep the channel to support Funimation as a distribuation and localization. Us anime fans (aka Otakus) already are internet savvy and can get anime and there are ways to stream them, but as mentioned above, we want the channel more than anything.

We get what we pay for and we don't need extra download/upload speeds to stream anime. Don't see the strong support that Funimation has gotten? This goes as far as calls that you've been receiving, petitions, people begging to not drop it through social networking websites, etc. It's a shame because it sounds like we're losing Funimation....

Highlighted
Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II

Message 155 of 508
(1,828 Views)

Heather,

I'm sure we are all so sorry for causing you inconvenience (not).  Bringing what was going to be a nice "quiet" drop of a station that some idiot made (was it you? You do seem rather defensive here) to greater attention.  Letting Funimation know what was going on (because it appears no one at Verizon even bothered to tell them about the decision beforehand).  Filling up the forums with lots of posts and votes and calling Verizon asking them to keep the channel and if anything add the HD feed (and at the same time blowing something of a hole in the "not very popular" excuse).  Forcing Verizon to talk with Funimation (At least Funimation seems to be talking to more reasonable people at Verizon FiOS and, as of the last posting I heard from them at least, being encouraged that some resolution might be possible).

But yeah, instead of acknowledging all this, you just go right on using that old talking point / fabricated excuse of it "not being popular" and telling subscribers to basically just "go away". You keep on telling them to just drop FiOS TV and get all their content from the internet instead.  I mean it isn't like Verizon is actually trying to have a "FiOS TV" service to offer is it?  And what stations are next in line for this treatment?

Heather, I can appreciate the frustration and pressure you must be under having to deal with rather upset subscribers,  but let's not forget... this is a self-inflicted crisis Verizon instigated all on its own.  This isn't a station that they are forced to discontinue because it is going out of business.  It isn't content that was pulled by a station over a failed negotiation.

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 156 of 508
(1,824 Views)
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 157 of 508
(1,816 Views)

I am very disapointed to hear this channel may be cancled. I will deffinetly consider changing my provider because of this! It's my favorite channel!

Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 158 of 508
(1,804 Views)

With FUNimation programming still available on their website, then Verizon is telling me that I don't need them as a provider anymore.  That's not the way to maintain unique programming that others are not offering cause it just makes FIOS the same as others and now my cable company have better unique programming and better HD progamming.

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Funimation

Message 159 of 508
(1,792 Views)

I pasted..  Either Heather is not an anime fan or she can speak Japanese :smileyhappy: Plus who sleeps in front of their computer. I don't and neither does anyone else. Even though Heather has a job to do, which I respect, she just doesn't get the fact that any anime offered on the web is in a subtext. I just like all the other FUNIMATION fans know about all the sites to view anime, but it is better when you can view it in your own language. If it had not been for the Funimation channel lineup how would we even know what to look for on the anime sites. I like many get the insights of what is new and fresh on anime. We don't need a new service but we do need the corporate office to know that the FUNIMATION fans want this to stay as our channel lineup. This will be a crappy move on Verizon's part to remove FUNIMATION. I just don't think they even knew that the Animation Nation of America was large. They think that all the cartoon channels have everything. Sorry but someone was misinformed. Anime junkies rarely watch cartoons. Sure we can get to the Japanese versions of anime, but when you see it in your own language it adds to UMPH of the action without straining or eyes to read subtext. I have found out about so much anime from just watching the FUNIMATION channel. I don't want to give up my beloved station just for another Food Channel or w.e. is put in as a replacement.

Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Re: Funimation

Message 160 of 508
(1,784 Views)

I just signed up with FIOS and it was installed on Feb 7th. The whole reason why I signed up was for FUNimation! And now they are cancelling? I have to consider cancelling since I am still in that 30 day window to do so. I just called customer service to complain about this and was told by the rep " no one told us the cannle was being dropped". So customer service doesn't  even knwo what's going on? I don't have alot of confidence in this company right now.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.