Switch Account

Funimation Canceled!

Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor
Message 161 of 508
(2,321 Views)

Heather - is this really how FIOS works? Tell people to go to a website to watch what they want? If I take your advice that really does mean I should cancel FIOS alltogether becasue pretty much any TV program is available to watch somewhere online. So what you are telling us all is that FIOS is a useless service and we should just watch everything on the internet?

Highlighted
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor
Message 162 of 508
(2,314 Views)

Wow Heather I don't even know where to begin with.  This response is so callous and thoughtless it may have well come from Business Bot 3000.

"We sometimes make changes to our channel lineup in order to continue offering our customers the most popular programming".  This would imply you are replacing one station that is not popular (Funimation) with another station that is.  I've not heard anything stating you were replacing this obviously popular station(by the response I've seen so far) with one that was more popular.  The email I received stated that on 3/15 Funimation and Bridges would be dropped it said nothing about replacing.  The email also did not state that I would be receiving any discount on my bill for the depreciated value of your product.

"We try to maintain all services offered, but sometimes changes need to be made."  Yes when Verizon wants to increase it's profit margin you naturally would need to lower your operating cost.  The contract  for Funimation was coming up and Verizon simply decided to save the money and not renew the contract.  No doubt you'll replace it with some station you get at 1/10th the cost.  Probably another channel of religous zealotry.

"The good news is that FUNimation programming is still available on their website (www.funimation.com) and with FiOS Internet, you are getting the nation's fastest, most consistent Internet with unmatched downstream speeds of up to 150 mbps and upstream speeds of more than 35 mbps."  As a couple of your customers have stated they are quite aware that Funimation's programming is available online.  The reason we pay(quite a large sum of money) for your television service is that we wish to watch this programming for various reason ON OUR TELEVISIONS!.

I guess what's going to happen on 3/15 is I'm going to contact your customer service and no doubt I will be transferred to your Retention Department.  When they ask we why I'll be canceling over $100 a month worth of your product I'll state "After your decision to cancel Funimation was made a kind hearted administrator of your web forums said we don't have to worry about Funimation being canceled because it all available online"!!!!  "I then stopped and though to myself since this is also the truth for about 99% of the content on television why am I paying all this money to Verizon for television service"?

Highlighted
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor
Message 163 of 508
(2,271 Views)

If the Funimation channel is gone after 3/15 i will use your service.........to cancel your service. 

Highlighted
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor
Message 164 of 508
(2,209 Views)

Please don't cancel this channel!!!

It introduced me to anime shows that I wasn't familiar with.

When I first subscribed to FIOS tv I was thrilled to have a station devoted to anime which set your service apart from the competitors.

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor
Message 165 of 508
(2,167 Views)

Well, the idea of having the FiOS TV service is to be able to watch our favorite programming on our television sets.  If this decision is set in stone, and I'm just going to be told to hop on the Internet whenever I want to watch anime, then could you please point me to my discount for the substantial decline in value of your TV service?  I mean, why have this FiOS TV when it's all online, right?

I also agree with what several others have said here:  It's a poor business practice to take a channel away from your customers who were happy watching it (regardless of the numbers) and not replace it with something of a like offering or reducing costs...  Customers like me will end up feeling deceived (since we signed up knowing full well what we were getting -- in this case, that Funimation was being provided).

Oh well... here's hoping someone will come to their senses, realize this was a bad idea, and re-think the decision.

Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor
Message 166 of 508
(2,139 Views)

Well, Heather's Let them eat cake post is all you need to know about what Verizon think of you as customers. They find it amusing that people are going on their website to launch complaints. They anticipate that you will simply move on. It's basically a challenge. They think you won't really follow through on your threats of cancellation of services. To top it off, the post indirectly suggests upgrading your internet service to get something you were getting already included in your service.LMAO. You can't make it up.

Hey, they got to keep the SOAPNET and GSN on. Everyone knows those are big growing industries with a huge following. I mean everyone wants to see a 1980's episodes of Joker's Wild or $100,000 Pyramid as soon as they get home. Or follow up on 3 of the remaining soap operas left on television because well there is no means to record them when you are at work. Oh wait, Heather you could push your DVR services as well and be done with SOAPNET. Unbelievable.

Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor
Message 167 of 508
(2,056 Views)

I bet when they canceled other channels, they didn't get a reaction like this. I hope Verizon reconsiders this stupid decision. Maybe even cancel the guy that made this stupid decision too.

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor
Message 168 of 508
(2,035 Views)

When Verizon gets rid of the Funimation I will watch it on the internet thru COMCAST service.... Good By Verizon..

How many Home shopping channels do you need or how many ESPN's ????

Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor
Message 169 of 508
(2,022 Views)

I just received a repsonse from customer service based on my disappointed of the cancellation. Just like Heather I was basically told too bad with the same non-sense excuse. On top of that, just like Heather, he tried to sell me other products! Unbelievable!!!!! They basically tell us all too bad and screw you but you should spend more oney with us.  Ireally need to cancel my service.

Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor
Message 170 of 508
(1,934 Views)

I would like to mention: during my chat with three separate verizon representatives, NO ONE could provide me the Nielsen Ratings to Prove FUNimation has "low viewership". Apparently the customer isn't always right.  http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/savefunimation/signatures we have over 1500 signatures and lets get more!!!

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.