Funimation Canceled!

Highlighted
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Re: Funimation Canceled!

Message 171 of 508
(2,986 Views)

I was the second one to sign that petition!  Yeah if it was not for my 74 year old mother I would of canceled TV all the way!  Nothing else I watch on it!  I have over a $185 bill practically than they are dumping the only **bleep** channel I watch!   **bleep** you Verizon! I'm really attempted to go back to Cable myself even with the slower internet and I will report to Better Business Bureau that my contract has been broken from day 1!  My bill was suppose to be $167/month and I got a bill over $220!!! I had to fight with the resolution center and got it down to $185 now after all the months of heartache and paying well over $20 more a month for the service you are canceling the Funimation Channel the only **bleep** channel I watch!

Why the hell go to **bleep** Fiber Optic TV when the advertisement was for more channels for less but than you **bleep** well cancel and not add new channels making it less channels for more!  Lying company!

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 172 of 508
(2,980 Views)

If FIOS follows through and cancels the Funimation Channel I will be taking my business back to Brighthouse. The Funimation Channel is the only thing that FIOS has and Brighthouse doesn't that I'm interested in. I think they are also a bit cheaper.

Highlighted
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Message 173 of 508
(2,911 Views)

Rather than just complain about loosing the channel, how about a 'What did you discover on Funimation that you would never have watched any other way' story...

Now, I'm not saying that everything on Funimation Channel is great, or even passable. I mean: Peach Girl? My Eyes they bleed! Big Windup? I never thought you could make baseball MORE boring...

But every once in a while a series pops up that demands you watch it. Most recently for me that was 'Hetalia'. It's a super smart show that is funny from end to end.

But that isn't the series that REALLY got to me. I hate to admit which it is, since it means ANOTHER punch in my 'Man Card'. But if the world can support 'Bronies' then you can support me when I say that series was "Honey and Clover".

I am definitely NOT in this series demographic -- Young women. Frankly when I saw the first promo for it on the channel, I thought it was going to be pure dreck. Maybe it wasn’t Peach Girl bad, but it looked bad none-the-less. I watched one episode (I've since forgot which one), and I was hooked.

The first thing I noticed was the overall look. It appeared that someone figured out how to animate watercolors. It was beautiful -- Soft on the edges, with great pastel colors. The backgrounds were amazing. The sound track specifically the (what I would later learn are called) JPop songs were great. I didn't care if I didn't know the words.

Yes, it's a little melodramatic between the comedy bits. One of the characters is a bit annoying all the way until the last few episodes of the series. However, you can find someone to like. It was almost an animated Breakfast Club, but without cigar burns and people screaming to fix them turkey pot pies. 🙂

Movies and such usually don't make me cry. I don't want to give out any spoilers, but I was crying like a baby near the end when one of the main characters gets injured. I ended up watching the whole thing on the station. Then I ordered ALL the DVDs. Then I ordered ALL 10 of the books. Then I ordered the 'Art' book. Then I ordered one of the CDs (since I HAD to have the season 1 end titles song called 'Waltz').

There is simply NO WAY I would have EVER watched this on my own. I would NEVER have been actively seeking something like it out. But one day it was on the channel, and I happened to have the channel on, and the rest is history.

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

FUNimation Channel request

Message 174 of 508
(2,889 Views)

I don't know if this is the right forum, but I got an email that Verizon is getting rid of the funimation channel (262) and am requesting that you don't get rid of that channel. It happens to be one of the channels that I enjoy watching and one of the reasons I got Verizon in the first place, because comcast doesn't have this channel. Is there some way that you can come up with an agreement with the funimation network so that you can keep having that channel show it programs? I don't want to lose that channel at all, I'll be disappointed if I can't watch my shows. And I have the HD package, so please look into this as much as you can before you come to a final decision. Thank you. Cat Surprised

Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 175 of 508
(2,897 Views)

It continues to frustrate me how Verizon continues to ignore it's customers.  I've always known they had the worst customer service on the planet, but NOT even listening to the outcries of their subscribers is ridiculous.  Prove to us that the Funimation Channel has "Low viewership".  Show us the numbers.  Let's see comparisons to ALL of the other stations.  Don't hide be excuses and ignorance.  We may understand better if there is proof in your claims. 

Surely you realize that you will LOSE customers because of this and since I've had FIOS I've praised you on how great the lineup was. You can bet that now I wouldn't recommend you to my worst enemy.

Highlighted
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Message 176 of 508
(2,793 Views)

i wonder what they meant by "very low ratings". i too am disappointed with verizon dropping funimation.

Highlighted
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Message 177 of 508
(2,785 Views)

In Verizon speak "very low ratings" means; 

We would not deign to give our customers(or as we like to think of them brainless wallets with legs) the truth.  If any of sheeple start bleating be sure to mention they can still get their bread and circus online @ Funmation.com oh yeah and be sure to mention to get there on Verizon Fios Internet because if we're going to give a 1/8th assed apology we might as well schill for the company while we're at it.  Management also request that you try to keep as straight a face as possible because nothing ruins the effect like a condescending smirk.

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 178 of 508
(2,781 Views)

Verizon is just trying to shake down Funimation ( getting them to take less money so verizon makes more).. They (verizon) did this to the tennis channel last year and my local channels this fall (2011). It is all about Verizon making more money while supplying less or the same service!  BUT this time they  did not know that most Funimation watchers are NET savy and we know what they are doing and many of us are ready to LEAVE Verizon over this....

Jim

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 179 of 508
(2,722 Views)
Verizon, its obvious you have made a lot of very loyal customers VERY VERY UNHAPPY with your unwise decision to discontinue Funimation Channel. My suggestion to you is that if you don't want a riot of very angry, potentially cosplaying fans outside your corporate headquarters that you reconsider and KEEP the one anime channel in your lineup. While viewership may be "low" in your opinion, SURELY other channels numbers are lower, and I guarantee you that their following is not nearly as fiercely loyal. Do the right thing Verizon -- KEEP FUNIMATION!
Highlighted
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Message 180 of 508
(2,713 Views)

Yeah, what you said!Cat Mad

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.