Switch Account

Funimation Canceled!

Highlighted
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Re: Funimation Canceled!

Message 201 of 508
(1,251 Views)

Good job with that open letter! It seriously gets to the point that everyone is trying express and I hope Verizon executives or mods/admins in this thread forwards it to the higher-ups.

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 202 of 508
(1,234 Views)

That was a great letter.  My kids and I are upset about the cancellation of FUNimation channel.  This has to be one of the dumbest decisions Verizon has ever made.  Watch their subscribers flock to their competitors once their contracts are up.  This is so bogus.  A Comcast rep going door to door stopped by a couple of days ago asking what service I have and whether I watch Funimation.  They have it on their VOD and are already hitting the streets to capitalize on this dumb decision.

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 203 of 508
(1,428 Views)

So frustrating.  I only got notice about the cancellation from watching funimation. To date, I have yet to receive any kind of notice from verizon. Still like others I emailed, signed petition, etc and It feels like verizon is not responding to the thoughtful responses, petitions, email, or phone calls from customers. We pay a lot for verizon fios and no consumer likes to feel ignored and taken for granted. They need to respond to the outpouring of support for keeping funimation channel.  At least act like they give a **bleep** even if they don't- but i guess in this case money may speak louder than words.

Highlighted
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Message 204 of 508
(1,408 Views)

Count me in as being extremely disappointed in Verison's decision, and still reeling with disbelief over that "official" resonpse. Talk about taking your customers for granted...

And encouraging people to stream instead of watching through your television service? Do you really want to see the volume of people discontinuing the television service increase from a trickle to a flood? If so, keep THAT up.

We've already got two Rokus, and most of Funimation's content is either on Netflix or Hulu Plus. IF it wasn't for news, sports for my husband, and about a dozen tv series various family members are watching, we'd be dumping FIOS TV now as well.

Highlighted
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Message 205 of 508
(1,389 Views)

I'm with you, ninasj!  FUNimation acknowledged their fan base with a scrolling banner. (That has been on the station since day 2 of the upsetting news).  You are sooooo right; Verizon could, at the very least, send a response via email, forum or on their website to acknowledge that we have been heard and what their next steps are!  I suppose we the customers truly matter not to big corporate Verizon.  Why, Verizon can not even provide a response indicating that our voices have been heard.  Now, I'm pretty insulted on top of my anger and disappointment.  They certainly do not act like a company that values MY business or cares if I am loyal or not.   My resolve stands..... if we lose funimation, then i will cancel Verizon & if they will not allow me out of my contract, then I will reduce my services to nil until I CAN dump them. 

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Funimation

Message 206 of 508
(1,356 Views)

oooo so what we can watch it on are computer screen like before. The point of the Funamation chanel is so we can watch it on the TV. As the Funimation channel says on there website anime you can watch on YOUR TV!

I have loved the FUNimation channel since I first got fios. I have discovered a bunch of new anime I love now thanks to it. Why would you go and cancel a channel cause it's not 'popular' like the other ones. I beg to differ, each person has their own taste I would understand if only 10 people were watching this channel yea okay cut it but thats not the case I'm sure that thousands of people watch this channel. That is the channel my TV at home is almost always on.

Losing A Bunch of Fios Supporters

~celloistpoet

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 207 of 508
(1,262 Views)

I agree with a lot of the people that are upset about Verizon's decision. It is one of the reasons I switched to fios. My son and I watch a lot of anime and Funimation started our love for anime. If we lose Funimation, I'll have nothing left to keep me from switching back to my old provider.

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 208 of 508
(1,249 Views)

How many channels are sticking around with less viewers?  Hey Verizon, pay attention to your paying customers!

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 209 of 508
(1,241 Views)

I only recently upgraded to Fios and was happily surprised to see I was going to get the Funimation channel, but now I'm disapointed that I've only got such a finite amount of time left with it. Unless Verizon reconsiders of course...

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 210 of 508
(1,201 Views)

We use cablecards to watch TV. So verizon doesn't even know what we watch...

So anyone with a cablecard does not even count in the viewership counts....

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.