Switch Account

Funimation Canceled!

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Funimation Canceled!

Message 211 of 508
(1,854 Views)
I have to say that I'm pretty disappointed with Verizon's decision to drop Funimation. Low viewership? What a joke. I'm not going to threaten to drop their service but I will say it's society's fault I'm losing my favorite channel. When people watch junk like Jersey Shore and American Idol it makes decent people who watch better things suffer. Shame on the majority for watching trash and shame on this company for choosing to keep trashy channels over Funimation.
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 212 of 508
(1,849 Views)

Hey everyone,

so I share the same sentiments as everyone else. The FUNimation channel is literally the only channel I watch and unfortunately If I was the bill payer in the house, I would leave FIOS the moment this goes through. I did call their company cares line at 1800-837-4966 to voice my opinion about the matter, signed the petition, left a message on FB and now I am posting here. If I could get a jet and fly to the headquaters I would. When I called the company they could not tell me much about how the negotions are going but she was going to pass the word along to the higher ups. I did express my plans for service if this deal did go through. I don't understand why FIOS would not want to remain the number one contender by offering services and channels that other networks do not. I am a serious hardcore Anime fan and I'm sure I'm not the only one. If you keep the Otakus happy you will have fans for life. I would brag to my friends that I get to watch Anime all day long with no problems thanks to Funimation. This channel has opened my eyes to so many Animes that I never would have seen otherwise like Black Butler, Chrome Shelled Regios, Fairy Tail, Sekirei, and the list goes on. I will be in literal tears if they get rid of the Funimation channel. But everyone please voice your opinions because if you don't the channel will not be saved. Wish us luck....

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 213 of 508
(2,137 Views)

Funimation Channel was the deciding factor in me switching to FIOS in the first place...I had no problems with my Cablevision service and my buddy worked at cablevision and he took care of us....I think once my promotion runs out I will be switching back to Cablevision. I am now DVRing everything I can till the March 15th

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 214 of 508
(2,110 Views)

I disagree with Verizon Fios' decision to cancel the Funimation Channel! Totally senseless and bad, bad form. You can see here that people like Funimation Channel. How about you focus more on improving your customer service section to where your employees actually provide truthful, accurate information and help. Please do not leave your customers at the mercy of that **bleep** Cartoon Network and Anime Network OD. It is so wonderful to have a wide variety of anime available 24/7. Please reconsider and hopefully reverse this decision!

Very Unhappy in Texas

Highlighted
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Message 215 of 508
(2,107 Views)

I'm giving Verizon to Friday 3/9.  If I don't hear some kind of better response than the drivel they've offered so far I'm am definitely calling Xfinity to set up an install appointment.  At least I can get Funimation On Demand there.

I actually had a Xfinity rep come by our building were they're the other service available.  After talking with him I found out Xfinity is certainly aware of what's going on with Funimation and Verizon.  He was offering some great perks to switch over not to mention getting to keep Funimation in some form.

It was nice to talk with someone who actually seemed to care about wanting to attract/keep my business.  It's just about the opposite response I've seen from Verizon thus far with their "let them eat cake" non apology.

Despite Funimation stating they're in negotiations with Verizon about keeping the station on at this point judging by the response I've seen so far from Verizon I have absolutely ZERO belief that Verizon is making a good faith attempt at it.  Everything I've seen, heard and read at this point leaves me to believe that this station is gone after 3/15.

Verizon is just banking on not that many people dropping them once this goes down.  I strongly urge everyone who has made such a great and overwhelming response on this forum, social media sites and to Verizon's customer service to vote the only way Verizon will actually listen by dropping them if/when they drop Funimation.  You would be suprised how much notice a few hundred dropped accounts within a couple of days will get.

Highlighted
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Message 216 of 508
(2,051 Views)

Hi Rush 2121 (good album, by the way),  I thought about xfinity too.  One would think after blowing up the forum pages and the idea pages, all of which Verizon is aware, we would receive some kind of acknowledgement.  Verizon must not need the several several 1000 customers they are enangering.  I like that idea of giving them until 3/9 then calling another provider for installation appointment.  I'll bet comcast will be glad to have me back. 

I can't understand why Verizon refuses to tell their customers anything further.  It's almost as if their decision has been made and it's final.  I really don't know if I want to keep their services EVEN if they keep funimation. That's something to think about..... Do I really want to continue handing them money and they have so little respect or regard for me as their customer; one of many keeping them in a JOB! 

I guess the way we'll know if we have funimation on 3/16 is when we turn on 262.  These Verizon folks sure aren't talking!

Highlighted
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Message 217 of 508
(2,051 Views)

OOOOPS! I got the numbers wrong.... should be 2112Cat Wink

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 218 of 508
(2,019 Views)

This is the last straw for me Funimation was the main reason I switched from cable. Right now I am just waiting for the Apple TV reboot. The last project Jobs was working on the next version of Apple TV where you pay per channel for ONLY the channels you WANT not all the **bleep** channels you never watch. So why pay $90 a month for like 20 channels that you actually watch out of the 1000 channels you are paying for when you can pay Apple $20 a month for just those 20 channels that you do watch. Lets see how fast Satalite, Cable Complanies and Verizon change their business models and pricing after they start losing 100's of thousands of customers.

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 219 of 508
(1,997 Views)

verizon please do not cancel funimation i only ordered extreme hd triple play for the channel i wouldnt bother to get extreme if i knew you would cancel it after i sign up if i was told of this from the begining i would have went for prime and save myself money and aungish. keep funimation!!!!!! do not cancel them think of your customers!!! also when i signed up last month i was sure to ask your representive about the channel and they told me only extreme had it, if you guys new of the cancelation why not let us know when we specifically ask for it and upgraded just for the channel i kind of feel like you guys blindsided me and outright lied when you knowing was going to cancel the channel. so again please reconsider and not discontiue funimation.

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 220 of 508
(1,987 Views)
I hope that Verizon rethinks its decision to cancel funimation, I have four boys who enjoy this channel and get to recap their favorite shows. I can't believe this channel receives low viewer ratings especially with the outpouring of customers expressing their opinions. My wife and I have also come to enjoy some of the shows as well. I hope those in charge of making these decisions view their customers opinions.
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.