Switch Account

Funimation Canceled!

Highlighted
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Re: FunimationnChannel???

Message 231 of 508
(2,398 Views)

I sent an email to inquire about funimation (my Favorite station!!!!!!) and all I got was this:

Dear M. Schultz,

Thank you for choosing Verizon. I have received your email dated 03/05/2012 regarding the loss of the FUNimation. I apologize for any frustration or inconvenience this has caused. My name is Kerri, and I will be happy to assist you and also review the account to make sure you are getting the best value.

Verizon is working to provide the most robust entertainment programming in the industry.
We understand how important it is to have access to your favorite channels on FiOS TV.

The contract guarantees that your pricing will not change for the length of your term. With regards to your channel line-up, we are always striving to improve what we offer to our customers and ensure that we have the most programming available across all of our packages.

Please continue to enter your suggestions on the Verizon Community Forums for a FiOS TV channel:

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/FiOS-TV-Programming/Suggest-Channels-to-Add-to-FiOS-TV/td-p/57288
I hope I have addressed your reason for contacting us. If you have additional questions, or if we may be of assistance to you in the future, please let us know. We look forward to serving you.

Thank you for using Verizon. We appreciate your business.

Sincerely,
That WAS NO ANSWER!!!!!!  I will most likely be parting ways with Verizon on 3/16.

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Funimatio

Message 232 of 508
(2,585 Views)

Heather,

who gives a rat's patoot if Funimation programming is on its website?  If I wanted to watch TV programs on my computer I would drop Verizon completely and go with Comcast Internet as they are offering me all kinds of deals to return to them and I would save a hell of a lot of bucks per month without having to pay for the Extreme HD and movie packages, and yes, I am an adult and the person who pays for your service in this house.  Funimation is one of the major sources of entertainment here as both my daughter and I are anime otaku and one of the reasons I'm paying Verizon a healthy sum each month is to watch Funimation on my big screen, not a computer monitor.  .  Not all of us need 600 ESPN channels or 24 hours of asinine reality shows.  How about giving us a little variety.

Highlighted
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Re: Funimation Canceled!

Message 233 of 508
(2,576 Views)

My children will be upset to hear that one of their favorite channels is going. Viewership would be greatly enhanced if you got all those SD channels to let's see up to HD. Those channels might have a better chance of surviving the HD craze. I don't remember the last time I watched a SD channel. My kids watch them (boomerang, funmation, cartoon network, etc) i don't watch anything below the 500's

Verizon

In vest in the future - get the HD version of your SD channels and your viewership will surely increase.

Highlighted
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Message 234 of 508
(2,954 Views)

Seems like we have failed, everyone. I saw this message on my STB's Message Center:

"On or after March 12th, 2012, Bridges TV (channel 278) and Funimation (channel 262) will be removed from the FiOS TV lineup and you will no longer be able to view this content.

This programming has been discontinued due to very low viewership and the continued effort of Verizon to offer our customers the most popular channels while keeping our rates reasonable.

Funimation programming will be still available on their website at www.Funimation.com.

We appreciate your loyalty to Verizon FiOS TV and apologize for any inconvenience.

Thank You.

Well....I longer have faith in Verizon's decisions now. I'm already considering canceling, but G4TV is my saving grace. If that's next with promises given that the HD feed of the network was "on the list" to be added.....Goodbye...

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 235 of 508
(2,939 Views)

{please keep your posts courteous}  Either way, when someone tells the paying customer don't woryy, you can still find what you want somewhere else, just use our service to do it like they are a child it's condescending and should be pointed out and such behavior corrected. 

As for cancelling Funimation and saying it is to bring the best variety of programming to your customers the statement is ridiculous on its face.  Funimation is tthe only channel of its sort on FIOS outside of Anime Network, which is an extra cost and to which I also subscribe, so that canceling it is decreasing the available variety in programming not increasing it.  Having differings that are nothing but differing versions of the same type of reality shows is not considered variety.  Check Webster's

{please keep it relevant}

Highlighted
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Message 236 of 508
(2,933 Views)

Oh, I see.  We are not allowed to provide a truthful observation regarding the way we fans have been treated?  Please moderators, obviously we anime fans are a little more than tired with the rhetoric we have been handed.  What is the final verdict?!  Is Verizon simply NOT planning on negotiation?  I need to make other arrangements for cable TV and would love to know what Verizon truly plans on doing.  If there is to an extension as funimation and verizon works out a contract, I may hang around long enough to see the results.

{please keep it relevant} we are entitled to our complete UNCENSORED, UNEDITED, UNABRIDGED opinions! Just as we are entitled to take our business elsewhere.

Keep telling it like it is, Wolfshead!

Highlighted
Moderator Moderator

Message 237 of 508
(2,927 Views)

I apologize, but unfortunately we cannot provide information on Verizon products and services. A forum moderator’s job is to maintain the forum itself, so we are unable to access accounts or provide support information on an individual basis.

Any edits done are unilaterally compliant with the Verizon community Terms of Service that everyone agreed to when registering for the forums.

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer that solved your issue as the accepted solution.

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 238 of 508
(2,900 Views)

Why is Verizon taking away my favorite Channel! This is totally absurd! An injustice for those who are Animation fans and Japanese Animation that has been dubbed into English. I have wanted a 24 hour Anime channel and I got my wish with Funimation Channel!  Verizon, Do not take my Funimation Channel, Do not take my Funimation Channel, Do not take my Funimation Channel away!

Highlighted
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Message 239 of 508
(2,825 Views)

Hey KaLin,

If you can't help us why don't you direct the 250+ responses to this thread to someone who can?!  Would that be too much to ask?  I wish Verizon made half as much effort to answer a question or two than they do on censoring post they object to for the most spurious of reasons.

Of course Verizon has made zero, zilch, zip effort to acknowledge any customers either here or on it's facebook page.  Of all the hundreds of post I've seen not one response.  Absolutely pathetic.  Was there an actual memo sent down to you all to under no circumstances acknowledge any of your customers who are upset over all of this!!!????  Is that really Verizon's philosophy on customer service, don't acknowledge our customers, hope they go away and keep sending us money?

This whole situation should be held up and dissected and shared among other corporations as a shining example of how not to treat your paying customers.

You fail Verizon in every sense of the word you fail so very very hard.

Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 240 of 508
(2,808 Views)

So whats funny is how i stated my opinion on the verizon boards which was

"Verizon seems to support the word CANNOT in all their posts

You CANNOT say what you feel

They CANNOT provide us with a service we are clearly stating in numbers we want

Verizon CANNOT give us a viable reason as to why they wish to cancel funimation

Verizon CANNOT find a way satisfy its customers with what they want. which is funimation

Verizon customer service through this process has been utterly disgraceful.  Thank you verizon for the outstanding customer service you clearly havent provided to you customers"

--No swears, just a honest opinion and what do they do. They totally delete it. What funny is funimations facebook is getting some negative feedback as to why this may have happened. Has funimation gone through and deleted its fans views or opinions. NO. Honestly and opinions are clearly not welcome on the verizon boards apparently. Im sure this will be deleted as well

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.