Funimation Canceled!

Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Re: Funimatio

Message 241 of 508
(2,654 Views)

Customer service Definition

Customer Service - Customer service is the provision of service to customers before, during and after a purchase..

Highlighted
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Message 242 of 508
(2,565 Views)

it looks like we HAVE failed. I am quite upset with this reality.  I guess Verizon never intended to reconsider in the first place.  After all this support.... all you have to do is type funimation into a search field and 100s of sites appear.  Obviously, there is a STRONG viewership.  However, Verizon makes sure you get locked into a contract so you stand to lose even more money dumping their useless service.  I very well may pay the cancellation fee because I am that disgusted now. 

We mean so little we weren't even provided with a detailed reason.  Nor were we even acknowledged as a large customer base. We supporters of funimation have tried sooooo hard to prove that we deserve to keep our anime.  It was edited out of my last post, but anime is so much more than cartoons; IT IS AN ART FORM!!  The characters have so much depth, the story lines are intriguing and it is something an adult can watch with their kids and it's a common ground.  We haven't even received an answer if Verizon plans on pulling the plug or not.  Did Verizon even care to negotiate?   All we got was chastised for expressing our thoughts and our posts edited.   (can't speak poorly of them or your post will be CENSORED!)

It's a shame that Verizon has no respect for such a large fan base. We should have been provided details of this change and provided an opportunity to respond to a survey or something!  So much for YU YU Hakusho and Fairy Tale.  My son is going to be very upset! Cat Sad Well, I better get my $179.00 dollars together because that how much it costs to cancel a contract.  Maybe Comcast or satalitte will throw me some freebies to make up for the $179.00 or cut me a deal of some kind for my business.  It's obvious Verizon doesn't want my business.

Highlighted
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Message 243 of 508
(2,562 Views)

Well said my friend, Rush2112!  Not one blessed word of acknowledgement, as if we all would just go away!  Verizon really should lose its ostrich mentality and direct this thread and the thread in Ideas to someone who can confront the issue.  We deserve a response.  We deserve a REAL answer regarding negotiations (or lack thereof).  Admonishing and censoring our thoughts is counterproductive.  We understand the moderators  can not provide answers, but couldn't you at least direct our concerns to someone who can?  There is a great deal more interest regarding funimation staying on Verizon than just this site.  There are a vast amount of sites interested in this.  Certainly, it warrants something other than a pat response issued from your superiors. 

Highlighted
Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II

Message 244 of 508
(3,118 Views)

Kenji,

Verizon FiOS has not dropped FUNimation yet (not that I'm holding my breath, but it isn't over until it is over). And to me that would mean BOTH Verizon FiOS actually dropping the channel AND FUNimation saying that the negotiations failed.  We are not there on either count just yet.

As of March 5 @ 8:48 PM, FUNimation reported that negotiations had not concluded (something I find very encouraging) and that they would post further info when they know the outcome.  As of right now, I am not seeing any further posting so I would assume that the negotiations are still going on.

Generally speaking, negotiations are a private matter between two parties with neither side wanting to give too much away while they are taking place.  It doesn't surprise me that FUNimation is only able to say that they are still in negotiation with Verizon and can't supply any more info until the conclusion.  It also doesn't surprise me that the department at Verizon FiOS handling the negotiation would not say anything at this point to either us or other departments within Verizon.   When Verizon was negotiating with the city in MA where I live to get approval the process was much the same.  This is not unusual in the least.  It is a process that has to play out behind the scenes and all we can do is hope that cooler heads prevail and we will get a good outcome.

Of course, Verizon didn't make any friends by simply quoting the original message / excuse back to people complaining (which came across more as condescending tone-deafness),  but I'm not sure if that was deliberate or more a case of one Verizon department not communicating what is going on to another.  For a communication company, Verizon doesn't seem to be all that good at communication sometimes.

Highlighted
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Re: Funimation

Message 245 of 508
(3,110 Views)

Thanks Kenji!  To me it's been Verizon's response or lack there of to this issues that's been as bad if not worse than their decision to drop FUNimation.  Their response has gone beyond useless to being both condescending and infuriating.

I work within the customer service department of a large shoe manafacturer/retailer which is always tops when it comes to customer service.  Working there in a customer service postion and having dealt with Verizon over the last few weeks really has highlighted to me just how poor Verizon's customer service is.  They have made 0 effort to even acknowledge how upset some of their customers are.  They've offered nothing but obvious lies and half truths and then when people started to complain about their "explanation" as to why they're dropping the channel they offered by far the most half assed let them eat cake non-apology I've ever heard uttered.

I remember one instance were a customer was upset with us because he could not get the exact pair of shoe laces that came with his pairs of shoes that he purchased over 10 years ago.  We first tried getting him a comparible pairs of laces but he was not happy with them.  We then tried directing him to an online company that specializes in shoe laces but that did not make him happy either.  I then went to our engineering department to see what they could do to try to make this customer happy.  They said they could reorder the laces because we were still doing business with the same factory and we still had the orignal specs for these laces.  The thing is they only do a minimum order of 1000 pairs of laces!!!!  Our company did not hesistate to order 1000 pairs of shoe laces for a pattern that we've not made in 10 freakin' years!!!  I spent probably over 2-3 hours of the phone with this guy and our company easily spent hundreds of dollars to get laces just to make this guy happy.   THAT IS CUSTOMER SERVICE VERIZON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! READ AND LEARN.  The company I work for has been in business for nearly 200 years because we do everything possible to make our customers happy!!  We understand the value of helping one customer does not effect just that one person but every other person that customer deals with.  Make no mistake when you go out of your way to help a customer they realize it and undertand that is someone you wan't to do business with in the future.  Verizon does not get this in slightest.

I fully understand this is a whole different situation comparing telecom service to the footwear industry but the lesson is certainly the same.  I've seen some companies go out of there way to try to make things right and I've seen Verizon not even lift a finger and that more than anything has been my major dissapointment and the reason why I could be leaving Verizon soon.  They just don't seem to give **bleep** at all.

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 246 of 508
(3,049 Views)

First of all, add me to list of people wanting Verizon to keep the Funimation Channel.

If Verizon is unwilling to reconsider removing the Funimation Channel, would they at the very least please inform us of how they came to the conclusion of "very low viewership" ? 

Also I take issue with the following:

"This programming has been discontinued due to very low viewership and the continued effort of Verizon to offer our customers the most popular channels while keeping our rates reasonable."

If that were true, why give us the  .tv channelsSince when were the .tv channels among the most popular channels?

Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 247 of 508
(3,042 Views)

well funimation has announced that negotiations have failed. It apparent the people at verizon do no0t care about their customers or what they have tip say. Through this process verizon has only answered us through moderators and automated responses, To verizon its customers arent customers they are dollar signs to line their wallets, Ive seen my share of petitions and forums for other services but this by far was the biggest. It did not matter though. The people at verizon used the "Lets the problem go away in time"

Nobody from verizon can submit comments on this forum as well. Hideing behind automated emails and letters. i shoulda stayed with cablevision. 21 years they NEVER deleted a channel. At worse they would put channels into a more expensive package.

What about the customers like me who got this service in december with a 2 year agreement because of funimation. OF COURSE they will refuse to let you opt out because this is a dirty tactic to use by luring customers in with programing onlyto shortly delete it.

Really nice verizon. You all should seriously be dissapointed with your lack of compassion for the people who pay your slaries

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Save Funimation Channel

Message 248 of 508
(2,970 Views)
Verizon is planning on removing Funimation Channel from its Fios lineup. How can we stop this?
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Funimation Canceled!

Message 249 of 508
(2,957 Views)
Well this sucks. Having an anime channel was a huge reason I switched from TWC. I'd gladly pay for a higher tier if it meant keeping the channel. Looking at all of the awful channels out there, I'm not sure how this one change can be justified against all of the rest, but I guess since Funimation isn't owned by Comcast, Fox, NBC, Viacom, etc it's cool to drop them since there's no big networks hurt.
Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Re: Funimation Canceled!

Message 250 of 508
(2,855 Views)

Though it might not help, it would be nice to know why Fiostv is really dropping the Funimation Channel.  The reason given "very low viewership" is clearly a lie.  Looking at the current channel lineup, there must be dozens of channels with fewer viewers.  So, what is the real reason?  Two possibilities come to mind- money and/or censorship.

It is possible that Funimation has requested that Fiostv pay for and carry their HD feed.  This is not unreasonable when you consider that Fiostv requires us to pay for a premium HD tier in order to receive the channel.  However, doing this will open them up to similar directives from Turner about Cartoon Network, Viacom about Nicktoons etc.  Unfortunately, Funimation does not have the negotiating power of a giant media conglomerate.  For example Disney can say "If you don't carry all 37 ESPN channels, we will withhold ABC." Newscorp could require them to carry FOXbadminton if they want to carry FX.  You get the idea.  All Funimation has is us.

The other possibility, censorship,  It has always made me a little uncomfortable to see The Funimation Channel on 262, sandwiched between TheHub and Sprout.  Imagine the mother clicking through the cartoon channels searching for BARNEY THE DINOSAUR, and encountering images from BACCANO, BASILISK, or YAMADA'S FIRST TIME.  Many people don't use parental controls.  I'm sure there have been many complaints.  Putting it at 262 reflects a complete lack of understanding of  The Funimation Channel's content and target  demographic.  Censorship also seems plausible given the other channel that is being removed.  Bridges Tv  appears to serve a particular community that is not represented anywhere else.  Out of curiosity, I took a quick glance.  Its programing seems harmless, but with a political viewpoint that may be objectionable to a few.  Probably the same people who object the programs on the Funimation channel.

Fiostv does not want to be accused of censorship nor do they want to be accused of being cheap.  So they lie to their customers, and blame us for not watching in large enough numbers.  Funimation does not want to burn any bridges, so they won't acknowledge what the real issues are.

It is an insult to suggest that keeping these two channels would raise our rates.

It is an insult to suggest that a reasonable alternative exists for us to go to the internet to pay for content on our computer screens that we are already paying  a premium programming tier for so we can watch on our tvs with our families.

It is an insult to suggest that having selective content available On Demand is an alternative that would appease us for the same reason.

Finally, is is naive to think that the success or failure of the Funimation Channel will have no effect on the anime industry on both sides of the Pacific.  While this is not the responsibility of Fios,  it  is sad to see the first anniversary of the devestating Japanese earthquake and tsunami marked, in part, with the cancellation of the Funimation Channel by Fiostv.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.