Switch Account

Funimation Canceled!

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Funimation Canceled!

Message 251 of 508
(1,580 Views)

Will Verizon even consider offering The Funimation Channel to those wanting to pay for it? I hope so. There are about 30 channels that they can easily remove from my lineup that I wouldn't miss for one second that I would completely be willing to trade in order to keep Funimation.

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 252 of 508
(1,565 Views)

Unfortunately as of this hour 12:30 AM EST Verizon has dropped the Funnimation Channel.  If you turn to channel 262 you'll receive the message "262 is not a valid channel."  *Sigh*

Highlighted
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Message 253 of 508
(1,519 Views)

Well,

as of 6:00 AM EDT funimation is still on (Boston). We'll see.

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 254 of 508
(1,534 Views)

Well hope you still enjoy it in Boston because where I live it is on the lineup but it only skips to a different channel when I press 262 😞

Highlighted
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Message 255 of 508
(1,503 Views)

Well, it's gone in Richomnd VA too.  It went off the air at midnight and i was looking forward to watching Gungrave.  I really despise Verizon, right now.  I would gladly pay a little extra each month for funimation to keep it as a choice.  now i have to scrap up  the contract cancellation fee to rid myself of Verizon and find a new provider.  I don't want to be a customer to a company that CLEARLY IGNORES the people's voice.  Yes, I know it is a 2 way negotiation (let me say that before I get laid out), however, more could have been done considering the sheer amount of people who enjoy anime.  (and on both sides) Verizon is a large company, surely they could have been more yielding. 

At any rate, I am disappointed and more about the way we anime fans have been treated than the loss of the station.  I will be dropping Verizon as soon as I can!!!!!!!!

Highlighted
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Message 256 of 508
(1,500 Views)

I'm still good on my side over here. Seems that some people already lost the Funimation channel, but seems they're doing some kind of "rollout" before it's offically gone everywhere...

Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 257 of 508
(1,469 Views)

I really hate Verizon right now. This is a really STUPID movie dropping Funimation.

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 258 of 508
(1,456 Views)

There are very few channels on Fios that I liked, Funimation was one of them and my go to favorite when nothing else was on. Being that it was on 24/7 there was always something on even if it was a repeat , I still enjoyed watching it. I have down graded my Fios package and may have them take the Tv boxes and service back if it is not put back on.

Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 259 of 508
(1,404 Views)

@TangibleMeow wrote:

Will Verizon even consider offering The Funimation Channel to those wanting to pay for it? I hope so. There are about 30 channels that they can easily remove from my lineup that I wouldn't miss for one second that I would completely be willing to trade in order to keep Funimation.

We are already paying for it.  Many of those posting here have acknowledged that they are only paying for the extreme HD package for the Funimation Channel.  Others have stated that they ony have Fiostv for the Funimation Channel.  That was the case for me when I originally signed up.  When I renewed my contract I discussed this with their sales rep.  He assured me that I would not lose anything that I was currently getting.  This is a classic case of bait and switch.  You cannot promise people something over the phone and state the opposite in fine print somewhere else.  That is fraud!  I pay my bill in full every month fullfilling my end of the contract.  Fios is in violation. 

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 260 of 508
(1,398 Views)

Well this stinks, the only channel exclusive to Verizon that I watch just got taken off the air earlier than planned. Time to go find a better deal.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.