Switch Account

Funimation Canceled!

Copper Contributor Zeebobman
Copper Contributor
Message 281 of 508
(2,031 Views)

I just signed up a few weeks ago for FIOS, and this channel instantly became one of my favorites.  They had something to watch all day long, unlike most of the junk channels i have to sift through.  Very disappointing to see this go. 

Copper Contributor jfrgrz
Copper Contributor
Message 282 of 508
(1,959 Views)

Fios needs to bring this channel back ASAP. There is no other channel like it on their platform and it is the only reason I signed up with them.

Contributor Tiaganna
Contributor
Message 283 of 508
(1,975 Views)

I got up this morning to find the FUNAMATION channel gone!!! Since it is the ONLY channel to show anime 24/7, I never believed it would be removed. With millions of anime fans in the US, there is NO WAY that the demand for this channel was low! There are video stores and whole sections of bookstores devoted to anime. If those businesses recognize the huge demand for anime products, how can Verizon fail to understand the huge fan base and amount of business that the anime sector brings!

The FUNAMATION channel is one of my favorite channels! About 1/3 of all my FIOS TV viewing hours was spent watching FUNAMATION or DVR recordings of FUNAMATION shows that I was unable to watch at the time they came on. I am FURIOUS that FUNAMATION has been removed!!! With FUNAMATION gone, I may have to do something drastic, such as finding another provider that carries the channel or cutting back on my current FIOS TV plan!

Please do the right thing and BRING THE FUNAMATION  CHANNEL BACK!!!

Sincerely,

Tiaganna (Peale family)

Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor
Message 284 of 508
(2,194 Views)

Wow Verizion, you got rid of the only channel that made you any kind of compettion among other television providers. That was really stupid. Now there's nothing special about fios, except a horrible tv guide.

Highlighted
Contributor Riskyshot
Contributor
Message 285 of 508
(2,144 Views)

Absolutely ridiculous, I cant believe they cancelled Funimation. Why dont they cancel channels that no one actually watches..like BET, Halmark, tvland, wealth, style, WOW, shopnbc 

I mean come on whoever decided to cancel funimation is a **bleep**. Theres TONS of other channels no one watches and should have been cancelled instead, I mean theres 2 food channels for crying out loud. 

Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II
Message 286 of 508
(2,109 Views)

When I clicked to Funimation on 262 I'm brought to The Hub and their programs that are available elsewhere or have been played to death. Seriously, this is lame. If Funimation is asking for too much money just say. We CAN handle the truth. Smiley Tongue

Drewdove
Contributor blackreaper
Contributor
Message 287 of 508
(2,078 Views)

verizon took away the only channel i acualy watch i bought verizon for spacificly the funimation channel their excuse for this is it wasnt getting enough views what a bull**bleep** excuse your telling me that funimation is not getting enough views but those 556 music channels are andi can think of at least 1888 channels with less viewers than funimation if that rule acualy applied we would ave only what 100 channels people chose verizon over cox for its large selection of different things like anime and horror but sadly verizon has taken that selection away from us now that you say there is not enough viewers if thats the case what the hell is all this the lake of anime is just bursting out saying what the hell is happening soo verizon if their is no viewers how come it took 15 minutes on hold for someone to {keep your posts courteous} answer all the lines were bissy and still are as you can see if you dont give us funimation it will keep getting worse every hour this wont end ever do the wright thing and put funimation back on the air dont take away our variety because as you can see your chats for all channels are very low and your viewers are droping like flys if you have any respect for your loyal paying customers you should give them whaT they want or your sales will go no where but down hill from here youll lose money and finally go out of buissness hope you put funimation back on the air as if you even care what your customers want ;(

Contributor blackreaper
Contributor
Message 288 of 508
(2,070 Views)

the faster u give funimation back the less customers u loose everyone that wants funimation back turn off youre tvs and turn the boxes off with lack of views theyll have to give us what we want i wont watch tv untill they put funimation back everyone go on a tv strike and dont watch tv for a week just  use your computer and xbox

Contributor blacktristar
Contributor
Message 289 of 508
(2,060 Views)

I think this is completely ridiculous, i mean one anime channel but how many channels for sports or black entertainment or history channels or science or mtv channels do you need fios this is complete and total **bleep** you cant make room in the channel line up for one measely anime channel shame on you fios

Contributor mdphd
Contributor
Message 290 of 508
(2,028 Views)

Extremely **bleep** at Verizon for cancelling Funimation. THEY SUCK!! At least they could have given an option for subcription service for the channel?I will NEVER use their movies on demand! NEVER. Will now have to spend more time watching anime on Netflix. 

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.