(1,392 Views)

just get more verizon users to post on this blog

Highlighted
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Re: Funimation Canceled!

Message 302 of 508
(1,338 Views)

I was checking the on line petitions (one haas over 2800 signatures) and i stumbled upon this comment:

Comments: Everyone, keep going with the support because I had just found out some intersting information. The CEOs of Verizon are currently discussing negotiations with FUNimation to have them return to the channel lineup. I do not know how long it is going to be, but we need to let Verizon know how much we love FUNimation. As for where I found about this, it is on FUNimation Channel's Facebook page

I do not have facebook and choose not to so i did not check it out.  I hope it is true.  I don't want to get my hope up........

I just want Funimation bsck!!!!! my kids and I really miss it.
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 303 of 508
(1,312 Views)

30 pages of complaints on your forum. What is this low viewership you speak of?

Regardless of that, this whole thing is disrepectful to the loyal, bill-paying viewers that enjoy even the not so mainstream channels.

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 304 of 508
(1,509 Views)
ok this is not cool im about to sue and I can and I will if I pay for it I want it if thats the case take all the other crap I dont watch and let me pay for channels I watch I pay extra for the anime network why can I choose to pay for the funimation channel which its already included then they said the price of your service. The contract guarantees that your pricing will not change for the length of your term. With regards to your channel line-up, we are always striving to improve what we offer to our customers and ensure that we have the most programming available across all of our packages. This is what they said to me Im **bleep**
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 305 of 508
(1,501 Views)

I have no idea why Verizon thinks there's lower viewership.  I would be interested to see where they are getting their information.  I suspect their survey sample was flawed or biased because it seems like the viewership of Funimation is quite high.  At the very least I'd be curious to see how viewership stacks up against channels such as the Game Show Network, the Hallmark Channel, or any of a host of other stations for which the viewership is likely less than that of Funimation.  Verizon made a mistake plain and simple.  And that's fine, but why compound that mistake by continuing down the wrong path.  Why not retract this mistake and bring back this channel?

Highlighted
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Message 306 of 508
(1,456 Views)

God, I can't believe how boring TV is now! I am not watching anything...there is nothing to watch. Science channel is all "How it's made" and everything else seems to be repeats.

Let's hope funimation can pull a tennis channel and make a comeback. I'm bored, bored, bored!!!

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 307 of 508
(1,443 Views)

verizon is not listening to us!!! i sa y stage a mass disconnect  hit them where it hurts!

i'm first, verizon service disconnected  on march 19

YOU HEAR US NOW VERIZON!!!

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 308 of 508
(1,394 Views)

I can't explain to you how angry I am with this decision. I have been watching anime online for a while and actually didn't even realize there was an actual anime channel on TV until about 1 year ago and up until then, it has been all that I have watched. Get rid of some of your other shows that are absolutely terrible!! The bleep that’s on TV is disgusting. All of the channels that I used to watch like the History Channel have turned into something completely different, and I don't even want to talk about the bleep they put on the Disney channel, MTV, VH1, and all of these other channels. And are the 5 Nickelodeon channels really necessary. Even in nostalgic outbreaks, I will go back and watch some of them occasionally, but is 5 really needed? What about the multitude of shopping channels, cooking channels, movie channels, sports channels, and other bleepin channels? Couldn't you get rid of one of them??Out of your tv repertoire, I can go through at least 100 channels which are absolute bleep. I am not trying to be disrespectful to anybody else’s shows, but do things like soap, and the gospel music channel have that many more viewers than funimation?! Haha, I mean seriously! I am currently working my bleep off in college as a computer science major and as an rotc cadet, but whenever I come back to my parents’ house for a bit of a rest and closure this is what I watch. Thanks a lot verizon, you guys are really bleepin great. I can't force my parents to change what TV service provider they have, but I can definitely voice my opinion. We have talked about switching providers for a while now, and we might just do that. I'll tell you what; I will never again pick Verizon Fios for internet, TV, or phone. My kids will never have to deal with this bleepin company, and neither will I. I already make enough money from my job that I could easily pick another TV company when move into my apartment next year. And whenever again someone mentions TV providers in conversation, I will make it clear to them not to pick you; I will actually go out of my way to tell them not to choose you. So there you go, thanks a bunch.

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 309 of 508
(1,381 Views)

What I think everytone should do is write your congressman. I don't get to watch funimation much. I am currently doing a trial of FIOS TV for 60 days.

What concerns me most in doing the trial is Verizon sends this big list of channels they have available. Then they make sure they let you know that if you take them up on the offer then you must complete the contract. What's the point of the contract if they can get rid of channels that might have been your reason for joining.

I am quickly becoming a fan of a la carte pricing because I have a bunch of channels I don't watch and some I don't want to support any anyway. If Verizon can just take channels away that you might have signed because of them saying hey, we offer this channel, then its time that we start going a la carte and then you'll feel like you're being robbed less.

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 310 of 508
(1,338 Views)

One of the major reasons I switched from Cablevision to FIOS was Funimation Channel.  The 35/35 speed internet was icing on the cake, but I had a conversation about anime with the guys who set up my appointment to install Verizon because of the size of my anime collection.  Combine my DVD collection with my manga collection and I could start a anime library in my apartment.  Funimation may not be the only channel I ever watched, but it was clearly the channel I watched the most before it disappeared. 

Verizon should admit it made a mistake and bring back Funimation Channel.   

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.