Switch Account

Funimation Canceled!

Highlighted
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Re: Funimation Canceled!

Message 321 of 508
(3,461 Views)

We were **bleep** paying for this!  You had to pick the highest paid package to get Funimation than they remove it!  That is Bull**bleep**!  I'm off work Wed and I am escalating this up!  They better allow me to pick the lowest **bleep** package or cancel as they breached contract with me all around!   I was suppose to get free dvr boxes for multiroom with 2 year program!  I did not get cash but when the boxes did not work right and requested they send me working boxes I was than charged!  I have had nothing but horrible experience with Fios all around!  Now this bull**bleep**!

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 322 of 508
(3,455 Views)

Really Verizon?  My daughter has taped these shows for years!  We've had to get her own TV and DVR for heaven's sakes.  BRING IT BACK - PLEASE.  I'M ON THE ULTIMATE PREMIUM PACKAGE AND YOU KEEP DELETING CHANNELS....

Thanks,

ManateeMom

Highlighted
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Message 323 of 508
(3,403 Views)

I am still in complete disbelief that Verizon has yet to acknowledge any of these forum pages!  I mean, right here on their own website!  I would not expect them to search funimation, facebook or the 20+ sites referrencing the cancellation of FUNI, but .... RIGHT HERE!?  Oh and to add insult to injury, I just saw an ad on fios for a new station 260 that will carry yet another pathetic Disney channel; a network that produces nothing but engineered singers, talentless actors and various degrees of nauseating, mind numbing drivel for stupid parents to use as a baby sitting tool for their equally shallow children! 

My kids watched FUNI with me.  There is a lot of depth in these animes.  Kenichi is one honorable dude as are his masters.  My 9 y/o son could identify with Kenichi and there were great lessons to be learned all throughout that series.  YuYu Hakusho is another one with honor.  Oh yeah, Soul Eater...... I could go on and on.  Funimation has great programming to offer (albeit, a bit repetitive), and it was the one station that made Verizon different from all the other providers.  Of course, Verizon can make more money off of a huge conglomeration such as brain sucking, mind controlling Disney.   I still believe Verizon has made a HUGE mistake cancelling FUNI, but the greatest mistake is their blantant disregard for their customers.  We have not received a letter, a free month, a free cable box, heck! not even a jelly of the month club certificate!  The pure lack of any concern for the 100's of folks that have written on this forum and many others is enough for me to abandon ship!  What kind of company that constantly, although mechanically, thanks you for being a loyal customer in actuality treats their customers like this?! 

It is beyond me.  I keep hoping for a 'Tennis Station Miracle'.  No offense to the tennis fans, but I'll bet there are more anime fans writing in than tennis.  So if the Tennis Folk got their station back maybe there is hope for the Otaku to get ours back!

Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 324 of 508
(3,387 Views)

PLEASE COPY/PASTE THIS WITH YOUR OWN COMMENTS AND REPLIES SO THAT NONE WILL MISS THIS EFFECTIVE AND PROMISING SUGGESTION:

I would suggest that EVERYONE who has written on this thread and on the Funimation thread in the Share Your Ideas With Verizon board to write formal letters of complaint and email the executives of Verizon. While the forums and various websites show the massive support Funimation has on the Verizon FiOS platform, these are not effectively communicating and to a higher up, which doubtfully will be looking at this forum or any other websites, will seem as nothing but spam.

So PLEASE, write detailed messages explaining why you love anime and the Funimation Channel, what it has done for and meant to you and your friends and family. Be stern but polite; don't just flame away about home much they suck or how much you hate them. Tell them WHY you think it was a bad move for THEM, for YOU, for FUNIMATION and the anime and television industry as a whole. Let them see the overwhelming amount of civil and well thoughtout support this channel has and how much it means to you.

Write to multiple executive and write often, resending if necessary. Share the email addresses and contact information you discover with others. You can find some of the contact information we have found posted as comments and replies on the wall of https://www.facebook.com/FUNimationChannel and https://www.facebook.com/VerizonFiOS.

Until I hear more from Verizon staff on whether or not they consider that contact information to be public knowledge, even though it is, I will reframe from posting the information here on these forums. SERIOUSLY, PLEASE GO TO THOSE WALLS, FIND THE EMAIL ADDRESSES, SHARE THEM WITH OTHERS AND CONTINUALLY WRITE TO THE EXECUTIVES. 

Thank you everyone, and please don't lose heart. Keep up the support, spread the word and email as if it were your only hope, because in truth, it probably is.

Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 325 of 508
(3,375 Views)

I myself have written to at least 6 executives (including the CEO) via email and I encourage everyone to do the same as you suggest. Unfortunately I only received a response from one. This person asked for my billing info and said they were going to "help me out". I havn't heard anything since. But I will indeed keep trying.

To me the rumors of an on demand service are not good enough. We all signed up for 24 hour streaming service and it needs to be restored (in HD I might add).

Highlighted
Silver Contributor II
Silver Contributor II

Funimation Dropped. Disney Junior To Be Added In Its Place.

Message 326 of 508
(3,331 Views)

As i said over a month ago when it was announced that verizon was going to be dropping the funimation channel i mentioned in a previous post then what the real reason was behind that decision to do it and today a new message has popped up on my set top box with the message that disney junior is going to be added on thursday march 22, 2012 on channel 260 where happy feet 2 is currently listed on the guide to rent or purchase. This is not good news for all of the smaller channels that are not owned by major corporations whether it is a cartoon channel or a channel like bridges tv that was also dropped along with the funimation channel recently. If you were to look at your guide you will see that verizon has the boomerang channel on three different channels (258,1724,1725) with the same definition, same feed and content along with the same schedule which seems like a waste of channels when funimation is something completely different. To remind people who did not see that original post of why funimation and bridges tv were dropped i am going to bring back that thread so that people can see it to prove the points that i made on there plus you can also google the name of the man who was the owner of bridges tv who beheaded his wife so that you can see that what i said about why bridges tv was really dropped was also true. If i am posting about guide problems or channel changes i provide evidence to back up my point so you can check out that previous post as i am going to bring it back now. The name of that thread will be "the real reason that bridges tv and funimation are being dropped." You will be able to see for yourselves how you were all lied to and made to believe things that are simply not true because all of those infomercial channels along with the religious channels are not free plus they do not get any ratings at all.  

Highlighted
Silver Contributor II
Silver Contributor II

Re: Funimation Dropped. Disney Junior To Be Added In Its Place.

Message 327 of 508
(3,327 Views)

Since someone at verizon does not want me to bring back the original thread that i started where i revealed the real reason why bridges tv and funimation were being dropped the only thing that i can do for you is to tell you to google it because verizon does not want the truth to get out. Google "Real Reason Verizon Is Dropping Bridges Tv  and Funimation Channel" to see the original post .

Highlighted
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Message 328 of 508
(3,267 Views)

Verizon getting on it's knees to please Bob Iger................sounds about right.

Highlighted
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Message 329 of 508
(3,252 Views)

I think my post made it REAL CLEAR what i think of the disney machine.  How about I received an advertising flier for verizon fios and FUNIMATION is STILL listed as a channel!!!!!! How many more people are they attempting to dupe???  Talk about false advertising...... Man that's going to incite a riot when new customers find out they are drones in the Verizon machine cuz there is no more FUNI!  

Will be taking the advise of a wise posting and continue to formally appeal to Verizon execs.  I have indeed sent a few emails and I am willing to send a few more.  I have attempted to direct their attention to this forum and all the others on the web.  I am tenacious, if nothing else and I feel like the only anime station we have should be returned to line up.  Oh, on the ideas page there is a nay sayer regarding FUNI.  I did not dignify their simple thoughts with a response (or more correctly, a retort.)  Smiley Mad

Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 330 of 508
(3,218 Views)
Note: I heard that CBS Corporation owns both Nickelodeon and Disney. Just putting that out there. *cough* Politics. *cough*
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.