Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get gifts fast with In-Store & Curbside Pickup or same-day delivery.

Funimation Canceled!

Highlighted
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Re: Funimation Canceled!

Message 331 of 508
(2,565 Views)

I don't think that is true.  Disney owns ABC.  CBS used to be part of Viacom (Which owns Nick), but that ended in 2005 with a spinoff.  Both of those companies (CBS & Viacom) are now majority-owned by National Amusements, Inc.

Anyhow....  back on topic...

It's been more than a week, and the Funimation posts are STILL the most kudoed posts.  This post itself hasn't left the front page in how many weeks?

You can NOT tell me that Disney Jr. has a LOWER cost/subscriber or cost/actual viewer than Funimation did.  In fact, I'd also wager that Funimation had a MUCH MORE lucritive demographic than 'Disney Jr.'.  I can't imagine very many 18-35's watching Disney Jr, but I certainly can see many of them watching Funimation.

Again, it's all male bovine excrement.  I'm still waiting for the 'refund' of the cost of Funimation to Verizon back to my monthly bill.

Highlighted
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Message 332 of 508
(2,530 Views)

I called verizon tech support this morning on another matter. When I was fininshed I asked if I could leave a comment/complaint about verizon dropping the funimation channel.

The rep wasn't aware that it had been dropped and the only thing he could say was "...wait a couple of months and it may come back. The tennis channel did!"

I told him I wasn't holding my breath. I referred him back to these pages and asked if he would add a comment to my complaint about the lack of response from verizon.

Right hand doesn't let the left hand know what is going on.

Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 333 of 508
(2,464 Views)

The demographics are much larger than the 18 – 35 groups. Granted they may be the largest but don’t forget about us old farts (or the younger). This is much larger than they could have ever imagined!!! They have no idea how the anime community works! We’re a family that never gives up and never surrenders!!! We aren’t asking for much, one channel in their sea of 1700. Come on Verizon, stand up and do the right thing: Prove your customers are important to you! The people you see posting here is just a small percentage of those who feel this way. Think of all the ones how don’t have internet service, are aware of this site, etc. Losing Funimation isn’t just about the entertainment it’s about us losing a part of ourselves!!!!!!!!

Highlighted
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Message 334 of 508
(2,410 Views)

You are absolutely correct Kim, as I am in that 'Old Farts' category myself (I'm definately south of 35).

18-35 is the 'Key' demographic when it comes to selling advertising and the like.  That group tends to have the most disposable income, and typically go to the most movies, buy the most DVDs/CDs, etc.

While some of Funimations programming was directed at younger audiences (Sasami, Tsubasa, etc), MOST of the programming was directed at the 18-35s (and beyond).  After all, would you want your 8 year old watching B Gata H Kei?  Would a 10 year old understand the historical references in Hetalia?  Does a 5 year old appreciate the complexities of the relationships in Honey and Clover?

The answer to all of those is no - it takes an adult.  

IMHO, the problem Verizon had with Funimation wasn't cost.  It was trying to figure out how to sell the channel to advertisers.  In the 3 years I watched the channel, I NEVER saw a local-insert ad on Funimation.  Rather than find a way to market the channel to advertisers they took the easy way out--they didn't want to be bothered.

Disney JR on the other hand is an easy sell:  Advertisers will buy ANYTHING with the Disney name on it.

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 335 of 508
(2,287 Views)

The only reason I installed Fios in first place, was because of the Funimation Channel; they were the only providers around . Now that they dropped the channel I don't see a reason why I should pay $165.00 for a service that it is not to my satisfaction anymore. I am thinking on downgrading or juts going back to Bright House. 

Contributor
Contributor

Message 336 of 508
(2,278 Views)

This is an outrage! We're a bigger community than you think verizon. I'm tired of your mediocre customer service and uncaringness. Honestly? Your cell phone services are so far the only group of people who give some sort of care.

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 337 of 508
(2,252 Views)

Vote with your wallets people!!!

We have no time commitment and as soon as i get off this TDY tour, I'm going to find a service with Funimation, and if not- well, we DID like the Direct TV satellite interface better than the verizon one.....

Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 338 of 508
(2,234 Views)

I don't thin Verizon could have asked for worse publicity that cancelling a station like FUNimation.  Whatever blockhead made this decision should be fired immediately and the channel should be reinstated promptly.  This should also be made public with an apology to the FiOS customers.  If I treated my customers this way(ignoring them, having all the execs use vacation responders in email, make rash decisions without asking customer input, etc...) I would be out of business.  You still have a chance to rectify the situation and your non-communication to your customers will only make matters worse.  AT&T U-verse will be in the northeast soon enough.  They DO have FUNimation and you WILL LOSE a lot of customers when they do, and with good reason.

Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 339 of 508
(2,226 Views)

dissapointed.  I watch only 9 channels out of all the ones offered.  This is -1.  The case to cancel my tv service grows more compelling.

Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 340 of 508
(2,177 Views)

Verizon has hundreds of channels.   But not one for mature animation.  Funimation was the only channel that provided that.  Please bring back mature animation.  Not all of us are 7 and under.  I haven’t been that young for 47 years.  I’m 52 and good animation is my favorite programming to watch.  I’m sure I’m not the only one.  Surely there is a place for this type of animation in the Verizon lineup.  Verizon, bring back Funimation or another channel with non-child animation.  Thanks.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.