Switch Account

Funimation Canceled!

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Funimation Canceled! bring it back

Message 351 of 508
(2,280 Views)

Bring back Funimation channel 262, Funimation is a great show and in my opinion is better then CN (cartoon Network) please bring it back i will highly appreciate this

Highlighted
Silver Contributor IV
Silver Contributor IV

Re: Funimation Canceled!

Message 352 of 508
(2,259 Views)

@Kenji wrote:

Well, I see our moderators are on task.  I wish they would direct these pages to their supervisors!  Why is funimation still listed as a choice on all the advertising literature that comes to my house? 

That is because the fliers you've been getting were printed way before Funimation was taken away.  Whenever Verizon gets around to printing new ones, I'm sure it will not include the channel.

Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 353 of 508
(2,246 Views)

The statement, “when Verizon gets around to it”, says a lot. Do they have any concern at all about their customers? If anyone with any true authority would read these posts they’d realize how many people only have Verizon because of Funimation. How many more people do they want to trap into their contracts before removing the name? To me that’s blatant false advertisement. Funimation is a very unique channel that is specifically sought out. It is a deal-breaker when a choice is made. How many of their new customers will be permitted to back out on their new 2 year contracts once they realize Funimation’s been removed? That’s an easy question, zero. What would Verizon care they’d get their money either way. Just do the right thing, Verizon, and bring Funimaton back!!

I challenge you Verizon superiors: Read the posts, watch some anime then tell me that a different cartoon channel could replace it. Prove to your customers that you’re not just another greedy, arrogant, heartless corporation. Your own site says “We focus outward on the customer, not inward. We make it easy for customers to do business with us, by listening, anticipating and responding to their needs”. Please, please prove it to us! Bring Funimation back!

Highlighted
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Message 354 of 508
(2,215 Views)

film11,  my 'question' regarding the advertisements was rhetorical and referred back to a previous post concerning the fliers.  The point there was how many customers will be duped into thinking they are gaining funimation if they were to contract with Fios based on that flier.  I still think that's asking for trouble; no one truly reads the disclaimers.

Contributor
Contributor

Message 355 of 508
(2,193 Views)

im so confussed! why would you cancle the only real anime channel you have.. cartoon network and nick dont count as anime channels if you can have 20 different channels devoted to music.. i pay for the service and i think its alittle annoying that i have to settle to watch on my computer when i had it to record on my DVR -___-

very unhappy customer right now 

Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Funimation Channel

Message 356 of 508
(2,108 Views)

Please return Funimation Channel to Verizon channel lineup.  It is a unique program and is truly missed!

Highlighted
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Re: Funimation Channel

Message 357 of 508
(1,980 Views)

Bring back Funimation!

Highlighted
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Message 358 of 508
(1,966 Views)

"Overall, cable operators pay only about $25 a month for all of the programming on the basic and expanded basic tiers, and they sell this to consumers for some $60-$70. Considering these numbers and the fact that operators use these video offerings to upsell even higher margin broadband and phone services, blaming programmers for cable price increases is just plain wrong."

Disney via Variety

Now, we know there are several channels out there that command VERY high prices per consumer (ESPN is rumored to be OVER $4/mo/sub).  If we assume there are only 200 channels available on Verizon's expanded tier, and the cost for all the channels is $25/mo, then even if we ignore the ESPNs, that means Verizon FiOS sold you out for ......

....Twelve and one half cents per month.

But wait...  Let's make it even WORSE....

If we remove all of ESPN ($4 approx 10 channels), 5 Local networks (Approx $.50 ea, 2 channels each - http://www.snl.com/InTheMedia.aspx) that makes it 

TEN WHOLE CENTS.

Now of course, that number could be off since no one is going to give out exact details.  However from what I could find I would venture to say that Verizon's cost for Funimation was somewhere between .08 and .13 per subscriber.

Remember that....  Verizon gained ten cents, you lost Funimation.

Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 359 of 508
(1,943 Views)

I just wanted to let everyone know that I received a phone call today from a Verizon representative regarding a letter I sent to the CEO.  She stated that the removal of Funimation was simply a business decision.  I tried to explain that the importance of Funimation goes well beyond the realm of business.  I told her of this forum and others like it and that they would see how much Funimation means to people if they actually took the time to look and listen. At the end of the call I finally asked if there was any chance of Funimation returning to Verizon and she said flat-out “no”.  Although I did appreciate a response to my letter I can not say I appreciated the answer.  I just want my Funimation channel, is that too much to ask for?  Apparently it is.

Highlighted
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Re: Funimation Canceled! BRING IT BACK

Message 360 of 508
(1,937 Views)

At&t uverse looks pretty darn good right about now......... I wonder what they have that Verizon Fios doesn't have.

Maybe it's the Funimation channel....Or is Verizon just allowing their competitors to be better than them?

I used love Fios. I had no reason to complain about anything, just because one single channel kept me at peace. But now i'm gonna complain until I see my Funimation channel again.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.