Funimation Canceled!

Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Re: Funimation Canceled!

Message 361 of 508
(2,809 Views)

Bring back Funimation. Verizon can get rid of at least 50 channels that would not be missed or even noticed missing. Canceling this channel was just stupid. This thread will never go away unless Funimation comes back.

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 362 of 508
(2,793 Views)

I rarely watch TV and FUNimation is one of about 3 channels that I watch. Get rid of those annoying infomercial channels or one of the shopping channels that no one uses!

FUNimation is a very stable company that dubs shows for fans all over to enjoy on TV, online, and DVD format. Stripping it of its TV access is just evil.

You obviously have no repsect for this innocent company or the fans that watch their shows. Anyone can see that through the way you treated them in this past month.

Highlighted
Gold Contributor I
Gold Contributor I

Message 363 of 508
(2,723 Views)

@soranouta wrote:

Lol. Paying $114.99 per month for just television for this crap? I don't think so.

*calls Comcast*

Unfortunately for you Comcast does NOT carry thde FUNimation channel either.

Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Message 364 of 508
(2,632 Views)

Return the Funimation channel to your line up!!!

Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 365 of 508
(2,579 Views)

I called Verizon the previous week and had them remove HBO from my monthly bill. I'd rather get what little HBO programming I watch from elsewhere, than to pay extra per month for a line-up without a channel I watch way more often, FUNimation.

That's about $300 less money to Verizon for the remainder of my contract term. If I continue to find myself annoyed at the way Verizon handled all this, I'll prune my line-up further.

Highlighted
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Message 366 of 508
(2,509 Views)

Verizon Management:

Notice that this topic is now nearly 2 months old.  It is still front page material.  

Also notice that with a single exception, the most kudo'ed posts are STILL about saving Funimation.

I see NO OTHER CHANNEL that you have cancelled receive this much attention.  You have done wrong, and the only face-saving solution you have is to get the channel back ON the lineup.  No, people will NOT be happy with some VOD thing where we have to pay for most of the content we used to enjoy.  We enjoyed the LINEAR channel.

I am a small business owner, and I know that sometimes you have to make an unpopular decision.  However, I also know that when I make a mistake I need to work quickly to correct it.  This is one of those times:  Admit that you misjudged the popularity of the channel, and put it back into the lineup.

There is simply too much public data out there to continue with the 'No one watches it' or 'The cost/subscriber was too high' arguments.  There are 2 topics out in the 'Share your idea's with Verizon' about Funimation which now total 318 votes.  That is the SECOND most requested idea, only behind BBC HD which has been on the boards for almost 2 years.  The third highest voted topic 'TV Guide is a bust' is also nearly 2 years old.

In terms of the number of comments, saving Funimation it is #1 with 351.  

All of the data is pointing to the conclusion that you made an unwise decision dropping the channel.  Be a hero and re-instate it.  

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 367 of 508
(2,484 Views)

That is completely true. This was a poor decision on the part of FiOS TV and it should be rectified immediately. I spend $125 a month and I'm not in a contract so leaving is a real option for me. VERIZON DON'T LOSE LOTS OF MONEY BY LOSING ONE CHANNEL.....IT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE AS A BUSINESS DECISION!!!

Highlighted
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Message 368 of 508
(2,448 Views)

Unfortunately, I am bound to a contract; however, I plan to whittle what i pay for to the smallest amount I can. 

Verizon, just bring funimation back!  It sickens me everytime I see that blasted Disney garbage where Funimation should be.  Trust me, I much prefer my kids watching anime which has depth, plots and intrigue as opposed to that tripe referred to as acting on any Disney station! 

Quality television = Funimation.  Just bring it back!

Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 369 of 508
(2,409 Views)

Verizon, you have Disney, CN, etc. in SD, HD and Spanish and all we ask for is Funimation, what is the problem?!?! Talk about unfair!!! As for the low viewership, first off I don’t believe it but with that aside consider this: each and every one of those viewers that you counted only got Verizon because of Funimation.  Therefore, every viewer that was counted will most likely change service once contracts are met.  And trust me, we will leave!!! You betrayed us so why should we stay!!!!  Funimation would be the only reason!!!!!!!!!!!

Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 370 of 508
(2,280 Views)

Can the Verizon moderator please tell me for what reason I should stick with a higher paying package or Verizon Fios in general if the reason for me getting the higher paying package and Fios is for the Funimation Channel. You don't offer anyother anime channels.  Please send a reply back or how about YOU BRING BACK THE FUNIMATION CHANNEL.  Why does Verizon Fios not care about their customers?

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.