Switch Account

Funimation Canceled!

Highlighted
Silver Contributor IV
Silver Contributor IV
Message 371 of 508
(2,113 Views)

And did Verizon cancel Twitter Joe too?????

Highlighted
Gold Contributor VII Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII
Message 372 of 508
(2,081 Views)

@film11 wrote:

And did Verizon cancel Twitter Joe too?????

He hasn't done a tweet so far this month.

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor
Message 373 of 508
(1,998 Views)

I WANT IT BACK

90% of my DVR has FUNIMATION on it

There are tons of useless channels, yet you keep those on

I refuse to believe that FUNIMATION wasn’t getting viewers

I think it’s just a shady attempt to squeeze money out of us, by placing it on VOD

I’m not paying more for something that I was ALREADY PAYING FOR!!!!!!!

Highlighted
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor
Message 374 of 508
(1,998 Views)

Yeah, Verizon really has to go to hell for this decision.  Amazing.  They’ll leave non-English speaking channels on the blasted network yet remove FUNimation.  And, if you think they pay attention to these discussion boards, you have another thing coming.  These “fat cats” have made it in life - - they could give two [2] baboon farts about what some animé nerds say.  I say, animé nerds UNITE!  Forget about calling them, no one (even in their central complaints dept.) could offer a qualitative solution and the Verizon E-center is nonresponsive as well.  What I am encouraging people to do is write directly to the supposed “President/CEO” of this lame company:

Mr. Lowell McAdam

President, CEO Verizon

I have given McAdam over two [2] weeks to respond - - still nothing.  I would imagine, that if enough people write in, they will eventually get the message.  Send your letters certified return receipt restricted delivery to the addressee - - that should get their knickers in a bunch, lol.  My angle is, how the hell does this guy expect to run this company if he has no direct lifeline to the consumer?  At this point, there is absolutely NOTHING holding me back from ditching Verizon if another provider picks up FUNimation. 

Regards,

H.B.    

Highlighted
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor
Message 375 of 508
(1,969 Views)

Well, I figure everything is going to hell in a handbasket, so, I might as well share with you guys the letter I wrote to McAdam.  I believe that I can go back to my constituents and proudly say, in no uncertain terms, that I coherently enunciated why Verizon should keep the 24/7 all animé network, the FUNimation Channel. 

Here goes:

Today, I am writing to you concerning Verizon’s decision to remove the FUNimation Channel (number 262) off of the network.         

I have to be honest, upon the removal of FUNimation, it was like the death of a family member.  Granted, I don’t have a personal connection to the company, but neither did millions necessarily know President Kennedy, yet, upon his death, they expressed a sense of loss.  So many times after long and hard days trying to secure employment (amidst this downturned economy) the one respite was the FUNimation Channel - - now that has been taken away.        

I tried, unsuccessfully, to not only ascertain the true reason FUNimation was removed, but who the key people in the decision-making process were so that I could speak with them directly and apprise them that this maneuver was not in their best interest.  I sent about twenty [20] e-mails to the Verizon E-center and it just seemed like I was getting “canned” responses.  I called 1-800-Verizon and spoke to numerous representatives that did not seem to have control over the situation.  I even called Verizon’s Central Complaints Department at: 1-800-483-7988.  They were not too helpful either.  I just received “more of the same”, that FUNimation was removed due to low viewership as well as Verizon’s efforts to keep costs reasonable and that they had no authority to change things.  My thought is, if Verizon does not have a direct “life line” to the customer, how can they hope to stay competitive?  Additionally, I don’t subscribe to the reasons provided.  With respect to low viewership, granted, every person may not always be “physically” present when shows are on, but people like myself DVR the channel consistently.  Does Verizon account for those statistics?  As for keeping down cost, I could be wrong, but just removing FUNimation, is that really going to significantly impact cost one way or the other?  I mean, my parent’s bill last month was close to $200.00.  Even if we pay that, fine, but at least keep the channels on the network that we value.  If we wanted limited selection, there’s always cable for that (laughs). 

I would now like to take some time to articulate why I believe it behooves Verizon to re-instate the FUNimation Channel.  If you look at sheer demographics of the group aged 18 – 24, what is always “trending” is animé/manga.  Being a library scientist, I have taken the time to survey various Young Adult departments in libraries across Suffolk County, Long Island.  Suffice it to say, that animé/manga graphic novels (gn) are consistently being “checked-out”.  It’s to the place where even the covers of these books are being worn away due to such high circulation.  Being that I have cashiered for Barnes & Noble as well, I was able to see, first-hand, what items the aforementioned demographic purchased.  Let me say this, I knew customers who would dedicatedly come to the store, go straight to the animé/manga section, and, by the end of their visit, they were “plunking down” about twenty [20] graphic novels up at checkout.  It was truly a fascinating sight to see.  I would also say that it is in Verizon’s interest to restore FUNimation in scope of events such as New York’s Comic Con and Seattle’s Sakura Con as well as the videogame factor.  These conventions most definitely attract the enormous animé/manga fan base, a base that Verizon could draw upon as well if FUNimation is reinstituted.  If you look at videogames, animé/manga is “red hot” there as well.  I can’t emphasize enough how vital this is for Verizon’s competitiveness.  I will provide one last reason.  I recently visited FUNimation’s online discussion board and perused the comments.  In sum, people were angry as “all get out” (so to speak) over this matter.  One person exclaimed that he specifically switched providers in order to receive FUNimation, and now Verizon pulled it.  Maybe it’s just me, but I seriously doubt that Verizon desires to attract all this negative press.  As the old adage goes, word of mouth spreads very quickly (and my adaptation) bad news twice as fast. 

Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor
Message 376 of 508
(1,973 Views)

Yeah, Verizon really has to go to hell for this decision.  Amazing.  They’ll leave non-English speaking channels on the blasted network yet remove FUNimation.  And, if you think they pay attention to these discussion boards, you have another thing coming.  These “fat cats” have made it in life - - they could give two [2] baboon farts about what some animé nerds say.  I say, animé nerds UNITE!  Forget about calling them, no one (even in their central complaints dept.) could offer a qualitative solution and the Verizon E-center is nonresponsive as well.  What I am encouraging people to do is write directly to the supposed “President/CEO” of this lame company:

Mr. Lowell McAdam

President, CEO Verizon

Verizon Building

140 West Street

New York, NY 10007

I have given McAdam over two [2] weeks to respond - - still nothing.  I would imagine, that if enough people write in, they will eventually get the message.  Send your letters certified return receipt restricted delivery to the addressee - - that should get their knickers in a bunch, lol.  My angle is, how the hell does this guy expect to run this company if he has no direct lifeline to the consumer?  At this point, there is absolutely NOTHING holding me back from ditching Verizon if another provider picks up FUNimation. 

Regards,

H.B.    

Highlighted
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor
Message 377 of 508
(1,972 Views)

Well, I figure everything is going to hell in a handbasket, so, I might as well share with you guys the letter I wrote to McAdam.  I believe that I can go back to my constituents and proudly say, in no uncertain terms, that I coherently enunciated why Verizon should keep the 24/7 all animé network, the FUNimation Channel. 

Here goes:

Today, I am writing to you concerning Verizon’s decision to remove the FUNimation Channel (number 262) off of the network.         

I have to be honest, upon the removal of FUNimation, it was like the death of a family member.  Granted, I don’t have a personal connection to the company, but neither did millions necessarily know President Kennedy, yet, upon his death, they expressed a sense of loss.  So many times after long and hard days trying to secure employment (amidst this downturned economy) the one respite was the FUNimation Channel - - now that has been taken away.        

I tried, unsuccessfully, to not only ascertain the true reason FUNimation was removed, but who the key people in the decision-making process were so that I could speak with them directly and apprise them that this maneuver was not in their best interest.  I sent about twenty [20] e-mails to the Verizon E-center and it just seemed like I was getting “canned” responses.  I called 1-800-Verizon and spoke to numerous representatives that did not seem to have control over the situation.  I even called Verizon’s Central Complaints Department at: 1-800-483-7988.  They were not too helpful either.  I just received “more of the same”, that FUNimation was removed due to low viewership as well as Verizon’s efforts to keep costs reasonable and that they had no authority to change things.  My thought is, if Verizon does not have a direct “life line” to the customer, how can they hope to stay competitive?  Additionally, I don’t subscribe to the reasons provided.  With respect to low viewership, granted, every person may not always be “physically” present when shows are on, but people like myself DVR the channel consistently.  Does Verizon account for those statistics?  As for keeping down cost, I could be wrong, but just removing FUNimation, is that really going to significantly impact cost one way or the other?  I mean, my parent’s bill last month was close to $200.00.  Even if we pay that, fine, but at least keep the channels on the network that we value.  If we wanted limited selection, there’s always cable for that (laughs). 

I would now like to take some time to articulate why I believe it behooves Verizon to re-instate the FUNimation Channel.  If you look at sheer demographics of the group aged 18 – 24, what is always “trending” is animé/manga.  Being a library scientist, I have taken the time to survey various Young Adult departments in libraries across Suffolk County, Long Island.  Suffice it to say, that animé/manga graphic novels (gn) are consistently being “checked-out”.  It’s to the place where even the covers of these books are being worn away due to such high circulation.  Being that I have cashiered for Barnes & Noble as well, I was able to see, first-hand, what items the aforementioned demographic purchased.  Let me say this, I knew customers who would dedicatedly come to the store, go straight to the animé/manga section, and, by the end of their visit, they were “plunking down” about twenty [20] graphic novels up at checkout.  It was truly a fascinating sight to see.  I would also say that it is in Verizon’s interest to restore FUNimation in scope of events such as New York’s Comic Con and Seattle’s Sakura Con as well as the videogame factor.  These conventions most definitely attract the enormous animé/manga fan base, a base that Verizon could draw upon as well if FUNimation is reinstituted.  If you look at videogames, animé/manga is “red hot” there as well.  I can’t emphasize enough how vital this is for Verizon’s competitiveness.  I will provide one last reason.  I recently visited FUNimation’s online discussion board and perused the comments.  In sum, people were angry as “all get out” (so to speak) over this matter.  One person exclaimed that he specifically switched providers in order to receive FUNimation, and now Verizon pulled it.  Maybe it’s just me, but I seriously doubt that Verizon desires to attract all this negative press.  As the old adage goes, word of mouth spreads very quickly (and my adaptation) bad news twice as fast. 

Highlighted
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor
Message 378 of 508
(1,970 Views)

Like Blago, we will continue to fight. 

Highlighted
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor
Message 379 of 508
(1,913 Views)

Fios is nothing without Funimation. That channel was the only reason I switched tv providers

Highlighted
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor
Message 380 of 508
(1,867 Views)

Eleven.  That's the total number of shows available with the new 'Funimation' Video On Demand.

How is that even CLOSE to being acceptable?  11 episodes spread across 3 different titles.  5.5 hours PER MONTH.  Like many channels, Funimation had repeats, but I would estimate that it ran 10 hours/day of unique programming, or about 80 hours PER WEEK.

Forget for the moment that everyone liked the liniear channel format.  How is this even coming CLOSE in quantity to what we had?  

I personally feel slapped in the face.  Again I call on the management:  You made an unwise decision and have now made it worse.  There is plenty of evidence that people LOVED the linier channel.  Admit that you may have 'underestimated the popularity' of the channel and get it back on the platform.

VoD is NOT going to cut it -- not even close.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.