Switch Account

Funimation Canceled!

Highlighted
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Re: Funimation Canceled!

Message 431 of 508
(2,296 Views)

I find it funny (or is it sad?) that almost 4 months later the MOST kudo'ed posts are still.....

....to save Funimation channel.  

Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 432 of 508
(2,224 Views)

Well it looks like my comment before this one was taken down.  Funny.

Just like other people I find myself going back to channel 262 and becoming sad and angry at the same time.  

Still interesting how this subject is still #1 in kudos and replies.

Highlighted
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Message 433 of 508
(2,218 Views)

Still a **bleep** shame that after a while now, we still can't get Funimation back. Heck, I remember a channel getting taken from the channel lineup and it was back not long after that. I really hope that this makes a comeback 😞

Highlighted
Gold Contributor I
Gold Contributor I

Message 434 of 508
(2,212 Views)

@MeanBob wrote:

Still a **bleep** shame that after a while now, we still can't get Funimation back. Heck, I remember a channel getting taken from the channel lineup and it was back not long after that. I really hope that this makes a comeback 😞

That was the Tennis channel and it was a different situation (they wanted more money and Verizon and a few other cable compaies said not a chance). You anime fans are one very loyal, persistant and animated Smiley Very Happy group but unfortunately I don't think you're going to get your wish. If FUNimation is so popular why doesn't any other major cable company outside of AT&T carry it? It's been around since 2005, not exactly a "new" channel. Keep up the fight, you may yet prove me wrong.

Highlighted
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Message 435 of 508
(2,091 Views)
Ever since Fios got rid of the Funimation channel everything has been really dull. They got rid of something that was unique and attractive for many new customers for dullness.
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 436 of 508
(2,064 Views)

Now they are also dropping MNET [not a great channel, but it had some anime and some other worthwhile content].
So they keep removing channels, adding nothing, and NOT lowering prices.

I am no longer a happy customer.
I am now a very much less than happy customer.
Do they care? No.
They are only concerned with the bottom line and paying the CEO his millions every year.

Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 437 of 508
(2,049 Views)

It’s very true; we anime folk are a very loyal and persistent bunch. You see, that can’t be helped. We like having are minds challenged, we like being drawn into storylines that are thought-provoking and we like feeling emotions! Unfortunately, Verizon caters to people who are content to plop themselves in front of the ‘boob-tube’ and just absorb the endless tedium that is shown, one cookie-cutter show after another. There’s no imagination in other programming. And have you ever seen a commercial for some of the things that mainstream television is shoveling into the little ones like the ‘Regular Show’ and others like it? Is that truly supposed to be what Verizon thinks will fill the gap of anime? Talk about clueless! I’ll say it once again, cartoons ARE NOT anime! Maybe cartoons have a place but that place is not instead of anime. Funimation needs to return!! Verizon calls it ‘cutting-edge’ but then doesn’t give it a true chance to thrive! As I mentioned before, if Verizon actually promoted it in its advertizing I believe they would be shocked as to how many people would respond! Think about Verizon! Please bring Funimation back!!!

Highlighted
Gold Contributor VII Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII

Message 438 of 508
(2,026 Views)

@zontar wrote:

Now they are also dropping MNET [not a great channel, but it had some anime and some other worthwhile content].
So they keep removing channels, adding nothing, and NOT lowering prices.

I am no longer a happy customer.
I am now a very much less than happy customer.
Do they care? No.
They are only concerned with the bottom line and paying the CEO his millions every year.

They are not dropping MNET or CNBC World, but removing them from Premiere and extreme packages.  It remains in Ultimate Tier.

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 439 of 508
(1,985 Views)

First funimation channel and now they are moving MNET to ultimate only, I think verizon hates me.

Highlighted
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Message 440 of 508
(1,875 Views)

I love the new FiOS internet speeds, and would sign up for the 75/35 in a heartbeat.  For $15/mo more that is a deal (and I could really use the extra speed).

HOWEVER i refuse to sign up for it due to this Funimation fiasco.  Sorry Verizon, it may only be $15 - but it's MY $15.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.