Funimation Canceled!

Highlighted
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Re: Funimation Canceled!

Message 441 of 508
(2,344 Views)

I can't pay extra money for additional Verizon services since I'm spending too much on Funimation DVD's. If I had the Funimation channel, that money could have been spent on more Verizon stuff.

Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 442 of 508
(2,273 Views)

I’ve had it with Verizon!! Having Funimation kept me pacified so I never really noticed how bad the service truly is!!  They keep adding this new thing and that new thing to either bring in new customers or rake in more cash from their current ones but put forth no effort into maintaining their regular service or satisfying their everyday customers!!

These are the problems I’ve noticed ever since Verizon ripped Funimation away from me:            

- When my phone rings it can disconnect me from the internet and it can stay down for hours (Verizon blames the frequencies)

- When the cable is first turned on and I change the channel it can take more than a minute to happen. Subsequent channel changes are faster but stilled hesitated.

- Sometimes when I go to an HD channel I have no sound

- I always have static in my phone line

- Internet seems to be slowing – streaming videos is a pain now (no wonder why they want to offer faster service for more money)

I’m sure there are even more things that others have noticed that I haven’t. Enough is enough!! Hey, Verizon, how about you start remembering your roots and the customers that made it possible for you to get where you are?! We’re not asking for expensive hi-tech stuff or fancy gadgets we just want one thing – PLEASE BRING BACK FUNIMATION!!!

Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 443 of 508
(2,141 Views)

AAAARRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm going crazy without my Funimation!!!!! Please, it's been long enough!!! Please, bring it back!!!!!!!!!!!! I'll trade you every other channel I have for Funimation, so come on, let's make a deal, Verizon!!!!!!!!!

Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 444 of 508
(2,037 Views)

FUNimation Channel VOD content should be made available free to Extreme HD subscriber​s

Not all content. Just the programing that has played or is currently playing on the 24/7 channel that was removed by FIOStv in march.

Many people have expressed that they only subscribed to FIOStv for the FUNimation Channel. Furthermore, they purchased a more expensive programing tier to receive it. After commiting to a 2 year contract, they saw their favorite channel removed. Now they are expected to pay extra to get some of the content that they believed they were already paying for. That should be one of the definitions of "insult to injury". To help ease the pain of the subscribers who still remain hopeful that FIOS will restore the 24/7 channel, this is the LEAST they can do for us. FUNimation can run ads if they want, it is what we would expect with the channel anyway.

Highlighted
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Message 445 of 508
(2,008 Views)

Previously I offered up why we took it in the shorts when Verizon cancelled Funimation - they didn't know how to sell advertising on the channel.  Here is another one:  Channel bundles.  No, I am not talking about the bundles you buy from Verizon, but the bundles the 'providers' sell to Verizon to sell to you.  

OlympuSAT is the company that owns the Funimation Channel.  Yes, they own a few other channels and manage a good number of faith-based networks, but none of them are 'universally popular' - like say Viacom's networks (MTV/etc), or ABC's networks (ESPN/Disney).

Typically these other liner channel providers do an 'all or nothing' deal with with distributors like Verizon.  For example, if Verizon wants to carry The Discovery Channel, discovery networks will sell it to them only in a package.  A package that also contains some channels that FEW may watch (say FitTV or Velocity).

What does that mean to you and me?  It's easy for Verizon to axe Funimation simply because they don't have to worry about loosing any other channels.  Funimation could have 10 times the viewship of say 'Planet Green', but if Verizon decides to not carry Planet Green, Discovery is going to pull ALL their channels.  Just look at what Viacom is doing to DTV right now.  Instead, Verizon (in the name of profits) kills off all the 'small players' - even if those small players are only asking for a couple of cents/month/subscriber.

When you boil it all down, unless your channel is part of one of the big players, you can FORGET about having any niche programming.  In fact, I almost wonder if there isn't some kind of violation of the US antitrust laws over this.

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 446 of 508
(1,980 Views)

Please, bring Funimation back!

That was one of the reason's I decided to switch to FIOS from Cablevision.

Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 447 of 508
(1,963 Views)

Bring Funimation back.

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 448 of 508
(1,899 Views)

It does seems like Verizon keeps canceling Asian shows - Just seems strange

Highlighted
Silver Contributor IV
Silver Contributor IV

Message 449 of 508
(1,881 Views)
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 450 of 508
(1,845 Views)

I continue to question Verizon and its commitment to customer satisfaction.  The elimination of the Funimation Channel due to so called "low viewership" fails to understand the market it is competing in, perhaps it's a legacy of its "phone company" history.   They should recognize the support this channel gets on these forums and how passionate the support is for Funimation. 

I attended the Anime Expo in Los Angeles and knew others who attended Comic Con in San Diego.  I'm not sure Verizon even knows what I'm talking about.  At both events, AT&T was promoting its U-Verse service at the Funimation booth.  I spoke to the representatives and they said Funimation was among the top channels being watched as part of one of their video packages (which included some movie channels).  They seemed to understand variety and appealing to certain market segments is what differentiates their service.  After all, how many HBO-Showtime-Starz type programming does a provider need to offer before it loses its market identity?  Does anyone at Verizon wish to respond?

The secondary comment on the post about Asian programming.  While Funimation shows primarily Japanese animation, the appeal goes way beyond that if Verizon were familiar with the product.  However, it does seem like Verizon is now ignoring a growing segment like the Asian market since it is planning to drop MNET from its programming next week.   

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.