Funimation Canceled!

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Funimation Canceled!

Message 451 of 508
(2,400 Views)
It would be a great idea to return funimation channel to your television services. A great deal of people enjoyed this channel and would be great-fully thankful to have this channel returned to them. Some of your customers may even have changed cable providers just to have funimation channel returned to them. I myself would love to have funimation channel returned to my services by Verizon 
Highlighted
Gold Contributor I
Gold Contributor I

Message 452 of 508
(2,384 Views)

@FanofFiOS wrote:

I continue to question Verizon and its commitment to customer satisfaction.  The elimination of the Funimation Channel due to so called "low viewership" fails to understand the market it is competing in, perhaps it's a legacy of its "phone company" history.   They should recognize the support this channel gets on these forums and how passionate the support is for Funimation. 

I attended the Anime Expo in Los Angeles and knew others who attended Comic Con in San Diego.  I'm not sure Verizon even knows what I'm talking about.  At both events, AT&T was promoting its U-Verse service at the Funimation booth.  I spoke to the representatives and they said Funimation was among the top channels being watched as part of one of their video packages (which included some movie channels).  They seemed to understand variety and appealing to certain market segments is what differentiates their service.  After all, how many HBO-Showtime-Starz type programming does a provider need to offer before it loses its market identity?  Does anyone at Verizon wish to respond?

The secondary comment on the post about Asian programming.  While Funimation shows primarily Japanese animation, the appeal goes way beyond that if Verizon were familiar with the product.  However, it does seem like Verizon is now ignoring a growing segment like the Asian market since it is planning to drop MNET from its programming next week.   

Once again, MNET is NOT being dropped, it is just be removed from the Premier/Extreme tiers, if you're an Ultimate subscriber you will continue to receive MNET.

Highlighted
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Message 453 of 508
(2,376 Views)

For alot of us, removing MNET from our current tier is the same as removing the channel from the line-up.

I hardly consider MNET to be premium programming, but just another slow whittling away of choices for most of us.

I truly do not understand the decision making process at Verizon on what channels to keep and remove. Funimation had to go, but we still have Wealth TV or velocity or Real housewives? Take a look at what is passing for programming in the upper 160's or so. Those are worth keeping?

The promise of Funimation on VOD didn't turn out very well. Last I checked, it offered about 12 episodes of a very small number of shows and the episodes were all out of order. Starting at episode 5, etc.

More sports is seems to beOK, but god forbid that Verizon should throw us a bone where no alternative programming exists!

Dissapointed and disallusioned.

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 454 of 508
(2,348 Views)

i want it back please pretty please 24/7 of anime who wouldnt want that

Highlighted
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Message 455 of 508
(2,343 Views)
Can the Funimation channel please by returned? Im not asking for lower prices or fixes to the annoying problems I see all the time, I just want this one channel to keep me happy. And quiet.
Highlighted
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Message 456 of 508
(2,314 Views)

In case you haven't heard, Funimation in the next month or so is going to launch a few more ways to watch their content.  A new tablet App, Samsung TV/Blu ray player App, and most importantly a ROKU channel.

I already own a Roku.  The miniute the Roku app comes out, I'll be giving Funimation $8/mo for their elite service.  Ok, it's not the linear channel, but you'll have their catalog available to you (and in HD to boot).

It's a shame that I signed for a new 2 year contract 2 months before Verizon killed Funimation.  If I had not, I would be dumping a lot of my programming.  However, what I can do is return one of these boxes I rarely use and save $5/mo that way.  It's only a token, but I want my money going where it's appreciated.  That means the less I pay the big V, the better.

If you don't know what a Roku is, I suggest a quick Google.  You can pick up a inexpensive refurbished one, and hook it up to your HD tv.   The Roku will also do a lot more than just Funimation, and it has several free 'channels' as well as subscription stuff.  I personally got mine so I could watch NHL Center Ice on it this winter, just so Verizon wouldn't get my $180 anymore.

Highlighted
Silver Contributor IV
Silver Contributor IV

Message 457 of 508
(2,270 Views)

Also, many TVs and Blu-Ray players already have Roki (aka CinemaNow) and Vudu included.  Just have to register then devices, so you would not even need a seperate box.  I know that Vudu is having some sort of special on FUNIMATION, including free episodes.  Might be cheaper to just get a DVD/BD player with these apps (and many others)  installed as opposed to paying for a set-top box.  But go whichever way is most convenient,

Highlighted
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Message 458 of 508
(2,106 Views)

Now CNBC World...  Wow Verizon you would have thought after this Funimation debacle you would have thought a little more about that......

Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 459 of 508
(2,080 Views)

Thanks for responding to the MNET portion of my email.  However, I noticed there was no response to the rest of the email that questioned the removal of the Funimation Channel and compared it to how AT&T is promoting Funimation on its U-Verse service.  Verizon should consider variety as a key factor when it looks at its programming.   

Highlighted
Silver Contributor IV
Silver Contributor IV

Message 460 of 508
(2,066 Views)

@anime2461 wrote:

Thanks for responding to the MNET portion of my email.  However, I noticed there was no response to the rest of the email that questioned the removal of the Funimation Channel and compared it to how AT&T is promoting Funimation on its U-Verse service.  Verizon should consider variety as a key factor when it looks at its programming.   

Unfortunately, FIOS is concentrating on adding more Spanish channels.  In the Verizon world, they believe that more people watch those than anything else (the same "ratings" system that has them telling us that no one watches Funimation).

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.