Switch Account

Funimation Canceled!

Contributor REDEATH
Contributor
Message 501 of 508
(3,790 Views)

@bobbo527 wrote:

@mwillacey71 wrote:

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY! WHY DID YOU CANCEL FUNIMATION!!!!! IF YOU DONT BRING BACK FUNIMATION, I WILL GET MY PARENTS TO CANCEL THEIR FIOS CONTRACT AND NEVER SWITCH BACK!!!!!!!! I MEAN IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The channel was dropped over 2 years ago and you're just noticing now?

I think he meant that they finally ALSO cancelled the Funimation on Demand now two years later.

Contributor FanofFiOS
Contributor
Message 502 of 508
(3,730 Views)

Has Verizon canceled Funimation on Demand now?  After they dropped the regular Funimation channel years back, my family was glad we were able to watch a very limited number of shows on demand.  I did not receive any notification this change was forthcoming.

Based on some of the responses in this forum section, were fellow anime fans unaware that Verizon added Funimation on Demand (it was found in the TV Shows section, the By Genre header and listed under The Cutting Edge)?

Copper Contributor anime2461
Copper Contributor
Message 503 of 508
(3,699 Views)

Apparently Verizon failed to update their on demand network earlier as the Funimation Channel on Demand (FOD) reappeared last night.  The update this week added shows to those currently being shown in the Los Angeles area -Chaos;Head, Is This a Zombie (season 2), Rideback, Shana, and Tenchi in Tokyo.

I encourage fellow anime fans to watch some or all of these shows to prove to Verizon there are supporters for this type of programming.  If you are not familiar with how to locate FOD on FIOs, it is found in the On Demand section, TV Shows, By Genre, and The Cutting Edge.

Contributor CadillacMike
Contributor
Message 504 of 508
(3,079 Views)

Last night, Funimation Channel disappeared from the On Demand channel listings. First, at around midnight on 23 Dec, the chanel listing was there under "TV Shows",  "By Network" in the D-G section, but it had "No programs" listed.

Then this morning, Funimation Channel has completely diasppeared from the On denamd listings.

Gone,

No Notice.

There is something on the funi wiki page about

a change its distribution:

Originally, Olympusat was chosen as the exclusive distributor of the network, with its linear channel available on AT&T  and Frontier FIOS (who has bought Verison FIOS???) On Thursday, December 31, 2015, after Funimation ends its partnership with Olympusat, the channel will change its name to Toku; Funimation Channel will relaunch in 2016. The channel launched its HD feed on September 27, 2010. 

Further down that page, this:

Future

On December 8, 2015, it was reported that the channel would change its name to Toku on Thursday, December 31, 2015 and "will add more variety including highly-rated Asian movies in the Live Action, Grindhouse and Independent genres." It was subsequently announced, on December 15, 2015, that Funimation would end its partnership with Olympusat and relaunch Funimation Channel sometime in 2016.  

So what is going on now??? First we lose the numbered channel and now the on-demand has pulled a disappearing act.....

Contributor MikeYenco
Contributor
Message 505 of 508
(3,061 Views)

There could be some more to it than that or at least add to the mix of changes happening with FUNimation Channel. Over the last few weeks I have noticed that various shows FUNimation Channel uploaded to Verizon FiOS On Demand have had some serious issues with either multiple copies of the same episodes appearing and/or episodes being corrupted (freezing at a particular point in playback or getting stuck in an endless loop until the end of playback). So it could be that the disappearing episodes might just be an effort going on to fix those problems and we will see everything reappear (and hopefully back episodes that had the issue being included) when the issues are corrected.

Of course, one would hope that maybe the best case scenario could be happening here and maybe the new network found some way to launch in HD on Verizon FiOS as a full 24/7 channel once again and they are dismantling the current On Demand stuff to make way for a new deal with both a channel and On Demand section with their new name.  Yeah, I'm probably being overly optimistic here... but that's me.

Contributor CadillacMike
Contributor
Message 506 of 508
(3,023 Views)

Mike,

I noticed the exact same thing. For about a month, EVERY Funimation program on FIOS  OD freezes up - at the same point for any given eposide (e.g. Noir ep 23 ALWAYS freezes at 7 min). And I noticed all the duplicate episodes up. Of course both of the duplicates would freeze up at the same point. It made watching them extremely annoying.

Now they are all just gone. Funi is not showing up on the OD listings at all, and if you look on verizon's web site under Watch FIOS, Find TV Shows by Network, it's not there either. Verizon IS still listed on FUNI's web site as a provider, but they are probably asleep at the switch. I'd like to see what you wrote come to pass, but I'm not holding my breath.

Merry Christmas to all forum users!

Regards, Mike.

Contributor goldenwing5960
Contributor
Message 507 of 508
(2,887 Views)

I've been having the same problem with freezing episodes and it's really bugging me. I'm hoping that Toku comes to Verizon and that all of this is them trying to make the switch, but I doubt it. Only time will tell, though.

Highlighted
Copper Contributor Hammer_Bro
Copper Contributor
Message 508 of 508
(1,926 Views)

It is being discussed at this point on FUNimation's site that they will be re-launching the channel.  We will see what happens...

Sincerely,

H.B. 

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.