Switch Account

Funimation Canceled!

Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor
Message 411 of 508
(4,147 Views)

Where's the on demand stuff?.....Verizon is really getting on my nerves.

Contributor smitty99mr
Contributor
Message 412 of 508
(4,135 Views)

Bring the Funimation channel back, I miss it Smiley Sad

Copper Contributor age
Copper Contributor
Message 413 of 508
(4,100 Views)

So... Can anyone tell me how to watch Funimation Channel content on Video on Demand? I can't figure out how to subscribe to it. I can't find pricing. I follow the "Movies>Movies on Sale!>Anime" path (which does not exist) and other paths shown in the promo video but can't find content. I can't even find the new Fullmetal Alchemist movie using the search function in Video on Demand.

Verizon has been very unclear on all of this and it is terribly confusing. Also, what is this rumored anime package for video on demand?

Copper Contributor KimXWP
Copper Contributor
Message 414 of 508
(4,078 Views)

Verizon did have a few shows on VOD but I don’t even see them anymore. They were under VOD>Free>Cutting Edge>Funimation but all I see there now is the ad for the Funimation Channel. With this ad, Verizon states that you can access more anime through FiOS and uses the Funimation Channel as the source. When in reality the anime they offer is through a subscription to the Anime Channel which, in my opinion, can’t even compare to my Funimation Channel. And, I may be mistaken but, I don’t believe it’s really a true channel either, just programming on VOD. There is no way that the programming they offer for the Anime Channel is worth a subscription.

Verizon just doesn’t get it. Yes, the actual programming is vital but it’s so much more than that. Beyond its great programming, The Funimation Channel was always there, 24/7! You just turned on your TV and ‘BAM’ there it was. No searching, no interruptions! If you wanted to search for something it was on your DVR. I loved the whole feel of the channel, even the commercials! I loved the escape it offered! When it was on I always felt contented! Even if I wasn’t watching it directly it was always on in the background! Now all I have is silence!

Copper Contributor jfrgrz
Copper Contributor
Message 415 of 508
(4,020 Views)

yes this whole thing is ridiculous. It took me so long th find the VOD channel and there was only ne show on it. Verizon, you need to bring back the full channel.

Contributor jjknoles47
Contributor
Message 416 of 508
(3,958 Views)

Ok, here is the Latest News

Funimation Channel HD Returns to Verizon FiOS Service

posted on 2012-05-04 19:50 EDT

Olympusat brings FUNimation Channel back to on-demand subscribers

Olympusat, Inc. has announced that they will be bringing back the FUNimation Channel HD service to subscribers on the Verizon FiOS On Demand television service. Titles currently include Fullmetal Alchemist: The Sacred Star of Milos, X, Vandread and Okami-san. According to the announcement, FUNimation ChannelHD is currently the only On Demand television network that exclusively airs anime, and the Verizon FiOS system currently has about 4 million subscribers.

It was announced this February that the FUNimation Channel would be would be dropped from the Verizon FiOS television service, citing "low-viewership." The channel ceased airing on March 15.

Copper Contributor
Message 417 of 508
(3,947 Views)

I appreciate the update but I must be honest it brings me no comfort. The Funimation Channel is just that – a channel not a smattering of shows on VOD! How can the so-called 42 hours a month of programming they say will be offered compare to 24/7? Besides, if it is being offered where is it? I see 2 episodes of ‘Vandread’ and that’s it and they don’t even start with the first episode.

Since they’re planning on charging for certain things anyway why not make it the whole channel, commercials and all! Put it with the other premium channels and charge accordingly. Verizon could leave some free on VOD so folks would know that more is available on the channel. Right now I could go into the 1700s and get channels like KuwaitTV and a myriad of other foreign channels by just pressing a button and subscribing so why can’t we do that for Funimation?!!

Verizon, please hear me, can’t you see that this is the best compromise available?! Here are the benefits of making it a complete, premium channel:

- Viewers once again have their beloved Funimation Channel (Always priority one!)

- You won’t lose customers (at least not as many)

- If you would emphasize Funimation in your advertising, many new customers would join simply because you have it available when others don’t  

- You’ll get your all-mighty dollars

- Funimation and Funimation’s advertisers will still have a market to work with in our areas

There are so many more that could be added to this but I think this generalizes it.

Please keep considering your options! We need our Funimation!!

Silver Contributor IV
Silver Contributor IV
Message 418 of 508
(3,927 Views)

There's one positive aspect to the above announcement...that the VOD offerings will be in HD. Previously, the 24/7 channel was SD only.  Of course, whether or not the VOD offerings will actually be in HD would remain to be seen.

Copper Contributor Russmcfaul
Copper Contributor
Message 419 of 508
(3,855 Views)

Can we get answers from moderators or management to tell the public and all of their CUSTOMERS the real reason they decided to take Funimation Channel off of fios.  

I'm tired of VOD and as a paying customer (not for too much longer) I want one of my favorite channels back on the air.  It has been stated multiple times on this thread if the problem was bandwidth then why don't you take off those infomercial channels or how about you take out the Spanish channels.  It clearly states you have a Spanish package for the Spanish speaking customers so you can free some space for people who can't watch the Spanish channels because they don't understand what is being said.

All in all it comes down to: BRING BACK THE FUNIMATION CHANNEL!!!!

Copper Contributor
Message 420 of 508
(3,803 Views)

I totally agree, as customers, we deserve a true and honest answer as to why Funimation was removed!! I am so, so tired of being ignored or of the defensive excuses or just the outright lies!! For God’s sake quit playing games with us!! Does anyone with any authority within your organization even read what we post?! If so, then you have to understand how important Funimation is to us!! There is no other channel like it in this entire country and you go ahead and dump it!!!! What were you thinking?! Do you have any clue how many new customers you could have drawn to your company if you had promoted Funimation properly within your advertising? There are a lot of folks out there who don’t realize such a channel exists and wouldn’t hesitate to sign up for it. The one thing you will find out is how many people only have your service because of Funimation! You can count them as they cancel your service and at the end of June you can count me among them!! I certainly do not have money to pay for a service that I can’t even stand to turn on anymore!!

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.