Funimation Canceled!

Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Re: Funimation Canceled!

Message 491 of 508
(3,553 Views)

@Greg2600 wrote:

Trust me, Verizon has no worries about dropping this channel.  Also, it's content is heavily pirated, and so, again, its niche viewership isn't even there.

Greg, based on your posts, I'm having a hard time telling whether you are a hater or just a really pessimistic fan.  I really don't mean to gang up on you with Yenco, but I haven't really considered the piracy theory either.  I do feel the need to respond to this because I also heard it a few years ago when Adultswim removed anime from their weekday block.  I suppose there is a lot of pirated content available for anime.  But there is a lot of pirated content available for anything currently playing in theatres.  Should we close down all the movie theatres?  Should we remove HBO because their stuff is also pirated?  Should we close down museums because all the classic works of art are available in cheap reproductions?  I don't understand why this argument only applies to anime.

Many of us recognize if we don't support anime legally then the producers won't make money.  If that happens, then the writers, artists, animators, voice actors, etc. won't get paid.  If that happens, then there won't be any more anime.  Times are tough for everyone, and the industry has shrunk a bit, though the same can be said for a lot of industries.  There still is an anime industry and a channel dedicated to it for those that can't  afford to own the dvds of every show they watch but still want to support it for the price of a cable subscription and sitting through a few commercials.

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Funimation

Message 492 of 508
(3,173 Views)
I would like Funimation back
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 493 of 508
(3,107 Views)
Please give me back funimation!!! You have no idea how happy I was to see a tv station that showed anime just anime. I found a lot of good shows in that station and would watch it whenever I could. When I saw that it was gone I was so upset!! Please put it back a lot of people love it and there really isn't any on their cable station that has it! Or is there can someone please tell me if there is? Ok so yeah... Put it back up!
Highlighted
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Message 494 of 508
(2,708 Views)

In a way I'm glad FiOS cancelled Funimation. Since that forced me to get the monthly funimation streaming plan. For only $8 a month I have access to all their shows even in HD.  I found alot of shows that I probably never would have seen if I had continued wacthing the TV channel. I use my Roku to access their streaming app.

Highlighted
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Message 495 of 508
(2,687 Views)

I still miss my Funi.  Just the other day I caught myself doing a 262 and then trying to figure out what channel I landed on.

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 496 of 508
(2,105 Views)

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY! WHY DID YOU CANCEL FUNIMATION!!!!! IF YOU DONT BRING BACK FUNIMATION, I WILL GET MY PARENTS TO CANCEL THEIR FIOS CONTRACT AND NEVER SWITCH BACK!!!!!!!! I MEAN IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Highlighted
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Message 497 of 508
(2,092 Views)

Funimation considers FIOS as one of their carriers as it is available in the ON-Demand section of FIOS.

Highlighted
Gold Contributor I
Gold Contributor I

Message 498 of 508
(2,079 Views)

@mwillacey71 wrote:

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY! WHY DID YOU CANCEL FUNIMATION!!!!! IF YOU DONT BRING BACK FUNIMATION, I WILL GET MY PARENTS TO CANCEL THEIR FIOS CONTRACT AND NEVER SWITCH BACK!!!!!!!! I MEAN IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The channel was dropped over 2 years ago and you're just noticing now?

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 499 of 508
(1,833 Views)
Put Funimation Channel back on please!! Its been 2 years and I still really miss it. That was my favorite channel. I watched it 24/7. The on-demand stuff is not enough!! Please give anime fans back our channel
Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 500 of 508
(1,625 Views)

WHAT THE HELL!!!! You took Funimation away. Then all we had was Funimation On Demand and now I check it today only to see that there is no more Funimation On Demand! THIS IS BULL!!!! Bring Funimation BACK!

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.