Funimation Canceled!

Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Re: Funimation Canceled!

Message 11 of 508
(4,557 Views)

I started a petition.  Please sign it if you want to help save Funimation!

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/savefunimation/

Highlighted
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Message 12 of 508
(4,556 Views)

I think I will move from triple play to double play.. phone and internet.. than move to Dish Network.. I can get an HD DVR, 3 HD boxes, and all the movie channels for $74.95/month.    I can get the double play for $79.95/month from FIOS.. Total bill $155.00 vs the $185.00 I am paying now without movie channels.  Though due to billing issues for several months I have 1 year free HBO/Showtime but that still is not all 4 premium movie channels free like Dish.

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 13 of 508
(4,553 Views)

**bleep**

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 14 of 508
(4,544 Views)

I am very unhappy about this..

Please don't kill Funimation, Verizon. Take the 97 sports channels I don't care about instead!

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 15 of 508
(4,532 Views)

As popular as anime is, I find it nearly imossible to believe that Funimation has "very low viewership" compared to the dozens of obscure niche channels on Fios.  This explaination seems less than honest.

I also find it interesting that the other channel being eliminated is Bridges, a channel that airs shows by leftist political commentators (Thom Hartman, Amy Goodman) who have probably been highly critical of Verizon and/or big corporations like them.

This move certainly encourages me to explore other options when my Fios contract expires shortly.  I've had Comcast before.

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 16 of 508
(4,527 Views)

This is total **bleep**!!  I want my daily legal Anime fix **bleep** it!  Well I guess we will just have to keep BTing non-lisenced fan subs in the gray...

Sheep

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 17 of 508
(4,517 Views)

What the Hell!!!!!!! Funimation is the whole reason i got Fios in the first place i sware if they drop Funimation i will drop Fios in a heart beat.

Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 18 of 508
(4,501 Views)

Just got the email as well.  What a joke!!   Low viewership - ridiculous.  How much viewersship do they get on all those Relgious or foreign stations?!  It seems to me that channels like Funimation are the first to go because they simply don't like them. 

I dumped Direct TV for Fios so I could get Funimation, now I am stuck here for about 2 years before I can switch to another company.

Come on Verizon, listen to your customers this time and give us what we WANT!!!

Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Here's an idea, DON"T drop Funimation Channel!!

Message 19 of 508
(4,513 Views)

Dropping The Funimation Channel due to low viewership is ridiculous.  How low can it be compared to alot of those religious channels you have running or foreign channels.  Granted this station does not appeal to all but there ARE fans out there that watch this station, well, religiously.  I am sure that a lot of us fans of the station would even be willing to pay a little extra for the programming if you made that an option.  Come on Verizon, for once, listen to your customers. Keep The Funimation Channel!!

Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 20 of 508
(4,499 Views)

This is one of the few channels I actually WATCH! Don't get rid of it.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.