Switch Account

Funimation Canceled!

Highlighted
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Re: Funimation Canceled!

Message 261 of 508
(1,438 Views)

What a sad sad day.  Just a week or 2 before the anouncement I had not only re-signed a 2 year contract, but added voice and faster internet.  Had I have known then that Funimation was being canceled, I wouldn't have re-upped my contract.

I wish I knew words other than profanities to explain how much I hate this short-sighted decsion.  

Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 262 of 508
(1,400 Views)

Even IF funimation was low viewership basically what FIOS is actually saying is Funimation fans who pay for channels just like every other verizon customer, OUR customer service and channel priorities dont matter. SO pretty much we dont deserve to have the services and channels that we pay for like every other member does? I work in retail. I know the customer that pays $5,000 on a single purchase is just as important as the customer who buys items daily or weekly at $10-25. Remember all these customers as little numbers as they may be also partake in all other services you provide besides TV. Thinking outside the box isnt a option for Verizon?

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 263 of 508
(1,376 Views)

It is regreatable that Funimation has been cancelled.  The bundle commercials on TV have been speaking to me greatly.  With so many other options like going straight to the Funimation website, YouTube, NetFlix, HuluPlus, I am seeing less and less reason to be pouring money into a company that has cancelled or changed content for the few channels I have any interest in.

As Disney has been purchasing so many of the great and classic animations and Americanizing them, I am not shocked to hear that Funimation is being replaced by a Disney channel.  I used to greatly appreciate the Discover channels and even watched surgeries, but those have been "dumbed down" for the general public or censored for family viewing.  It is greatly disappointing that with the cost of Verizon the only things I get out of it anymore are the travel channel, that is nearly now a food network, CNN, BBC America, and a smattering of other channels.  The other house tenants only watch the free TV channels, I think it is time for me to cut my service.  Limited options, marketing towards the general mass, making viewer conform... I liked and want my options.

It is Tuesday, March 12th and Funimation is no more this afternoon in the DC area.  My TV is off, and hopefully soon I will be saving a bundle and not being robbed blind like the vonage commercials suggest.

Good luck to all the other fans!  I hope you find your other methods of enjoying Anime!

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 264 of 508
(1,716 Views)

Hey! Don't give up people! I know how frustrating this is and how irritating Verizon's replies are, but we have to keep trying and make our voice heard- fight to bring back FUnimation! Try voting  on the IDeas Exchange where the channel request for Funimation is http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Share-Your-Ideas-with-Verizon/Funimation/idi-p/408639 . 

Also FUNimation's facebook page has created a 'Save Funimation' page you can like: http://www.facebook.com/savefunimation

Please don't delete my posts verizon! Just trying to help 🙂 

Please bring back funimation, Verizon!! 

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 265 of 508
(1,711 Views)

This morning when I turned on my TV I was shocked to see that I wasn't subscribed, then I remembered That it would be removed soon.  I'm really upset this is the only channel of its kind where I can watch my favorite shows. And I don't think another

channel can substitute  Funimation. Smiley Sad. I really hope you can bring it back. 

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 266 of 508
(1,670 Views)

please keep this channel. i know many people not just in my school but in long island in general who enjoy this channel. discarding it from your plat form is not a wise business choice. especially when there are plenty more othere channel that have much lower veiwer rates. and now there is an uproar of poeple who are very displeased.

Highlighted
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Message 267 of 508
(1,585 Views)

Go here for CEO Email and numbers to complain about this stupid move!

http://consumerist.com/2008/03/call-the-ceo-of-verizon.html

If this gets deleted I will just keep reposting this contact information freely available on the consumerist website.

Highlighted
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Message 268 of 508
(1,517 Views)

Hi Molitar,  I just went to the site.  This is the piece I wrote there in their forum:

I am an avid fan of anime.  Verizon had a station (#262) called FUNimation.  It was the ONLY 24/7 anime station .  We received notice that it was going to be cancelled and 1000s of people protested.  We blogged, we started petitions and we all but blew up the Verizon Forum pages.  The reason for this cancellation...... low viewership.  That is simply NOT SO!

We anime fans want our station back!  I am ready to cancel all services with Verizon and strongly encourage others to do the same.  With all the game shows, reality shows, ridiculous MTV, all the jesus and church stations, all the sports and biased news cast, I can not believe not one of those types of stations has a low viewership. 

Furthermore, those that expressed their feelings were not acknowledged.  The big corporate Verizon would not even take into consideration the number of people calling and writing DAILY! to save this station.  We pay a lot of money for the services Verizon provides and part of why I paid a high premium was for the FUNimation channel..  I may as well go to back to Comcast and save some money.

I intend to email the CEO and I encourage others to do so as well.  Tell him (politely) how YOU the consumer feel about YOUR station being unavailable to you.  If enough of us speak out, to the right ears, maybe WE CAN move this mountain.  It is worth a try! 

I intend to email the CEO later on today.  (I'm at lunch right now; don't want to be anime-less AND unemployed!)  Cat Frustrated

I truly hope others will see your post and go to that site  JUST in case folks don't see it

http://consumerist.com/2008/03/call-the-ceo-of-ver​izon.html    Here it is again.

See, they'll have to delete mine too  Cat Wink

Well, as long as I'm stuck with Verizon for the time being, I will make a daily pain of myself to someone in their ranks to try to get anime back.  I will go down fighting!

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 269 of 508
(1,492 Views)

Am really bummed that they would remove this channel. Was a great diversion for me, and perhaps one of my favorites. Am shopping my choices for television right at this moment. Is really not worth looking at television anymore...Man Sad

Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 270 of 508
(1,479 Views)

Bring Funimation back!

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.