Funimation Canceled!

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Funimation Canceled!

Message 21 of 508
(3,989 Views)

i guess crunchyroll is the only place for anime now...

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 22 of 508
(3,986 Views)

Ok, so here's the deal. I just saw the email. I'm seeing a few posts on Funimations FB page (450k likes) as well about it. Since this will likely be viewed by Verizon - I figure its the best place to voice my opinion on this matter. Nice to see I'm not alone in being dissatisfied.

This...

Is...

The...

Only...

Channel...

I...

Watch...

Channel gets removed, I remove VerizonFIOS. Simple. My TV literally only moves channels to watch Football during Football season (or when family visits on the holidays - but that doesn't count).

Reconsider. This may not have the viewership of huge networks, but its got to be higher than many others out there. I'd much rather not have to go with another provider...but there are cheaper alternatives. Especially since I have to go with an already higher priced package just to have this network. Seriously, ridiculous.

Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Funnimation Channel (262) To Be Cancelled

Message 23 of 508
(3,960 Views)

To all animation fans, please be advised that Verizon Fios is planning on removing Funnimation Channel (262) from the line up as of 15 Mar 2012.  They say because of low viewership.  Request all animation fans to contact Verizon Fios Programming and request they reverse this decision.  Funnimation Channel is unique and the only adult type program of its kind on Fios TV.  I've watched programs added and removed, many of which I will never watch: I never commented either way but this time I am because it is important to people like you and I. To keep this program immediate action is requested!           Thanks,

Highlighted
Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II

Message 24 of 508
(3,957 Views)

So who REALLY is saving money here with this move?  All our bills will magically drop after Funimation & BridgesTV go away because the popularity was so low that those stations were in a position to extract huge sums of money from Verizon?  Or the money saved will just go straight to increasing Verizon corporate profits and some executive who thought up this stupid move will get a nice big bonus with the money?

Whether I like or watch Funimation & BridgesTV is immaterial here.  It is one thing when market forces cause a station to cease and Verizon sends a notice that they can no longer offer a station that will no longer exist, or Verizon reaches an impasse in some negotiation where a channel pulls their content (such as that recent matter with the Tennis channel).  It is another thing entirely (and as others have pointed out,  the claim of low popularity cited is somewhat dubious) when Verizon just decides to remove a channel.

Look, I was with a cable company before FiOS was able to come here...  and they had this practice of removing channels while demanding more and more money and they constantly tried to use this as leverage to get users to pay even more to keep channels they had and upgrade to even more expensive plans.  I could not wait to move to FiOS and called Verizon constantly asking "can I sign up yet" after the deal was announced with the city.  Why?  In large part on the strength of the diversity and number of channels they offered which just blew away the cable company.  What I'm seeing with this latest move is disturbing.  Verizon has already used a threat of taking stations away to force an upgrade to the plan I had with their last not-so-great reshuffling of channels in their tiers (which I'm still annoyed about and I know of others who are too).  And now this latest move?  Well... I'm starting to have cable company flashbacks here.  This is the WRONG direction.

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Keep Funimation Channel

Message 25 of 508
(3,951 Views)

On, or after, March 15 2012, Funimation (channel 262) will be removed from the FiOS TV® lineup and you will no longer be able to view this content.  Please keep Funimation Channel and get it in HD

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 26 of 508
(3,939 Views)

Funimation is one of the channels my wife and I watch the most. I am outraged they are canceling this channel, since they recently moved it along with some other channels to a higher priced plan.

When you try to make any change to your  plan, they make you renew your 2 year contract. So now I am stuck for another year with a higher priced plan and no Funimation.

Thanks Verizon for making me hate your soulless corporation even more.

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 27 of 508
(3,897 Views)
While there are some programming that is not appropriate for my kids, there is enough that Fumimation has provided many evenings of "family"time, and in my house there aren't many other channels that everyone can agree on. Out of the hundreds of channels on Verizon's lineup, Funimation is one of the 10 channels that have any value. It was the clincher for us to switch from Comcast, and endure the months of bad service when switching, and is the only reason I haven't switched back to Comcast yet. I'm moving soon, and have a choice in my new location of Verizon and Comcast again...why would I come back to Verizon now? I'm not saving money, so comes down to choice of programming, which will be the same, and since Comcast has better customer service, guess I'll be switching back finally.
Highlighted
Gold Contributor VII Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII

Message 28 of 508
(3,864 Views)

I wonder how many others are being cancelled for "low" viewer.  I didn't see the funimation notice but got one on Bridges.  So sounds like they are doing some house cleaning, hopefully to bring in some other popular channels.

Highlighted
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Message 29 of 508
(3,864 Views)

SO they decide to cancel one of the few SD channels I watch and I hate watching SD. IF they would just dump the .TV channels which I NEVER watch and run the HD feed for Funimation that would have been great. Or even better dump the ESPN channels which I never watch either. I would have even paid a few dollars a month extra, on top of my Ultimate HD tier to have the Funimation channel in HD.

I was hoping the channel was going to be offered in HD soon, but not cancelled. So instead they leave a bunch of other crappy channels in their lineup which I will NEVER watch and eliminate a channel I watch on a more regular basis than 90% of the channels they offer.

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 30 of 508
(3,856 Views)

I have to agree with everyone else. This is the only reason I have the current package I do. If it isn't available, there is no reason for me not to downgrade to a more affordable option.  I will also check when my contract is due-should be soon. Then I can take advantage of the many switch promotions offered in my area by the other providers.

It doesn't seem fair that they can cancel channels as the like but make me pay for other channels I will never watch, sports for example. I like Brighthouse's system where the sports channels, except for the standard ESPN ones, are a seperate package that you can buy if you want them, but don't have to pay or flip through them if you don't.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.