Switch Account

Funimation Canceled!

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Funimation Canceled!

Message 31 of 508
(5,091 Views)

I too am extremely disappointed that this channel is being canceled.  It's one of the few channels that I watch on a regular basis.  It was a major selling point for switching to FIOS.  It wil probably be replaced with something I won't watch.

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 32 of 508
(5,087 Views)

I work from home a lot, and my TV is on almost all day. Funimation is probably 90% of my TV time. Next thing you know they will be cancelling the weather channel due to low viewership, and I'll totally be at a loss.

I had a guy stop by from Comcast the other day, asking if there was anything they could do to get me back. I told him, "Only if Verizon screws up." I guess I spoke too soon.

Does any one know the best way of contacting the FiOS people directly? There has to be a better way than ipetition or this forum.

Highlighted
Gold Contributor I
Gold Contributor I

Message 33 of 508
(5,087 Views)

@wesbc wrote:

Just got a notice that Funimation is being canceled as of 3/15.

Well Funimation and TVBe was the only channel I've stated to Cablevision that I'd miss when switching back to Cable recently.  I guess it's one less thing I'll be missing.  TVBe I have other ways of getting.  It's going to take a heck of a deal from Verizon to compete with the $69 triple play deal I go.

Honestly I really don't care, never watched the channel. But what REALLY peeves me is that they can drop a channel that some people apparently do watch and keep those god awful, watch by almost NOBODY, commercial and infomercial broadcasting .tv channels!!! That is the real disgrace.

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 34 of 508
(5,080 Views)

I have to agree with those that question the "low viewership"....how many channels do I scroll thru that must have "low viewership" and Verizon is keeping those? (1200 sports channels? how many have "low viewership?)

The variety of channels is one of their selling points.....how do they justify dropping channels, and still talk about "something for everyone"....they are apparently not aware of entire CONVENTIONS for fans of anime!!!

Maybe Verizon should check what is being DVRd before it comes up with "low viewership" claims....our DVR is probably half-full with shows from Funimation....and it's the ONLY CHANNEL WE HAVE FOR THIS TYPE OF PROGRAMMING!!!  It would be different if we had several choices on Verizon to get these programs on!!

If Verizon goes through with this, we will be examining our plan and probably changing our provider when our contract is up.... and will file a complaint with the agency that regulates the cable industry (FCC?).

Highlighted
Silver Contributor IV
Silver Contributor IV

Message 35 of 508
(5,028 Views)

While I am one who never watches the channel, that is primarily because they don't carry the HD feed!  At this point, I rarely (almost never) watch anything that isn't HD.  I bet there are many others for whom that is the case as well.  So any "low viewership" is probably due to that.

I guess FIOS needs to add more foreign language (FIOS' idea of "high viewership") SD channels.  This, while people are STILL waiting for BBC-HD, CARTOON-HD, FEARNET-HD, etc.etc.   I can understand something like BRIDGE being dropped (never even heard of it) but  Anime is a very popular genre and it is one of those channels that should have been offered in HD.  Certainly should not be dropped.

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 36 of 508
(5,014 Views)

I am seriously  dissatisfied! 

I originally got Verizon for the services and because its lineup carried the couple of channels i spend most of my time watching.  I understand the need to shift content around because of costs and content.  But do they honestly believe that i would except "low viewership" as a rational?  Given some of the other channels in the current lineup.  Variety is why I pay for this service.  The Funimation channel is at the top of that list. 

With its absence i will be ending my contact with Verizon and seeking other alternatives to access this content.

Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Please do not remove the Funimation channel from the FIOS line up.

Message 37 of 508
(4,999 Views)
The Funimation channel is the only reason why I am paying extra for the Extreme HD package . If it is removed I will no longer be compelled to pay the higher higher fee for that package. I will certainly downgrade my package if not move to another provider entirely in the wake of its removal. If you must remove it could you at least turn it into a Premium add-on channel and maybe add their HD feed. I would gladly pay the extra free associated with it being a Premium add-on channel.
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 38 of 508
(5,005 Views)

My wife and I are also very disappointed; Funimation is the channel we DVR the most, and now we won't even get to the end of our shows. Dropping TV and just using streaming services is looking better and better.

Edited to add: I sent them an email as well, for all the good it will do.

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 39 of 508
(4,996 Views)

I don't think i could be more upset about this. 

the funimation channel is LITERALLY the number 1 reason i switched to Fios.

i actually really loved my directTV service.

directtv never skipped, never had blocky screens and audio problems. i knew fios did cause i know alot of people with it, i was willing to sacrifice my awesome quality, flicker free, and less "compressed" look for funimation and on-demand  (which i dont like fios OD anyway, but thats another story).

as far as im concerned when i signed up for my contract just this part year i was under the impression that id get to keep my favorite channels, which is why i signed up. now ill have to call and complain to a manager. I'm sure theres nothing i can do cause theres always PAGES of crap to read and no one does..  and im sure it says our lineup may change :P.

but in my eyes this is a breach of contract. i signed up for a specific service and its now gone, this is garbage.

i like fios, but i dont "love" it, and without this channel that sucks.  i wish i could see what percentage i watched each channel cause funimation has to be way up there if not number 1.

i was petitioning with others to get fios to pickup funimation HD, man this is the OPPOSITE effect of what i wanted...

Grrrr

Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 40 of 508
(4,994 Views)

Before I say anything...

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Share-Your-Ideas-with-Verizon/Funimation/idi-p/408639

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Share-Your-Ideas-with-Verizon/Funimation/idi-p/408639

Be sure to go to the above and vote and comment in favor of the FUNimation Channel. Verizon FiOS has really **bleep** up this time. Some **bleep** clowns apparently don't have their numbers straight and should probably start checking these forums and take note of the calls that are going in to the Customer Care Line (1-800-837-4966) concerning the displeasure and frustration their customers are feeling about this poorly thought-out and short-sighted decision. The ONLY reason I decided to go with Verizon FiOS, and the ONLY **bleep** REASON I decided to get the overpriced Tier 2: FiOS TV Extreme HD package is because of the availability of the FUNimation Channel. If this actually happens and that channel is removed, I will be having my plan changed to something cheaper and/or cancel my Verizon FiOS service all together.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.