Switch Account

Funimation Canceled!

Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Re: Funimation Canceled!

Message 71 of 508
(2,765 Views)

I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one that was upset with Verizon's decision.  Though I'm no longer a FIOS customer now, I was hoping to someday become one again and Funimation would be one of the reason, but now there's one less reason for me to hassel with switching provider.

For those that are talking about switching but locked in a contract, note that the other service provider might offer to buy out the contract for you.  I know cablevision was willing to for me to switch over, but I didn't take them up the offer as I was enjoying the programming and didn't want to deal with the hassel.  I'm glad I did jump ship on the awesome deal and I even got a free ipod touch out of it.

Hopefully Verizon see that there is demand for this programming and continue to offer it.

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 72 of 508
(2,710 Views)

What is wrong with you, Verizon? Just because my job only allows me to watch when I can on the weekends, it doesn't mean that I don't care about Funimation. My children are starting to get old enough for this channel, and that's when you choose to take it away. My wife is starting to like some anime now. I've been a fan of the genre since Star Blazers / Yamato way back in the 1980s, and next was Voltron. Now I'm all grown up and still love this and want to pass this love on to the next generation. How can families have traditions when big, large corporations get rid of all the good things in life. Why can't you find some other channel to get rid of? Or here's an idea.....LEAVE IT ALONE. Why do we have to keep changing every 30 seconds for everything nowadays? I'm tired of all the nonsense of changing everything for the sake of changing because it's the cool or in-fashion thing to do. Can't you people at Verizon leave a good thing alone and keep the Funimation Channel?

Highlighted
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Message 73 of 508
(2,702 Views)

I don't mean to copy and paste it, but I have to since there are a lot of people really concerned about losing Funimation. The following is what I posted in the Ideas Exchange section of the site:

"This is a complete and utter shame!!!!! Like most people who have had the FiOS TV service, we got into your subscription just to get this channel. In fact, in addition to having the channel, a lot of us have been waiting for it to get added to the HD Channel line-up!

Funimation has a great amount of anime and I understand that it's a niche amount of programming for those people, but that's such a bad decision to drop it. I watch it all the time and gets me to find new anime shows I've never watched.

One thing to really point out is that Funimation is also one of the last Localization and Distribution companies out there in the anime industry. If the network gets dropped, this could help potentially hurt them a lot, in addition to its viewers, including me.

I swear, Funimation and G4TV are the main reasons why I wanted Verizon FiOS to begin with. In all honesty, if viewer count is the reason why we didn't get a chance to get the HD channel of the network, then Verizon, my loyalty to you is -1 in my book, and it sucks. Heck, if G4TV is next with no addition of an HD channel of my favorite network, then say goodbye. You lost me as a customer...."

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

I'm leaving.

Message 74 of 508
(2,684 Views)
The only reason I got Verizon was to have FUNimation. Say goodbye to another customer. And many more.

Oh, and if this is so the Disney Junior channel can be created, I would try to rethink this plan. Disney doesn't deserve another channel in my opinion, because a lot of people don't like their only channel NOW.
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 75 of 508
(2,657 Views)

I agree that there are only 2 reasons I got FIOS, Funimation Channel, and internet speeds. As soon a Funimation channel drops from their listings, We will be leaving their service, and never looking back until the channel is restored. Now don't get me wrong, I love my fios service, but no funimation and having to deal with the low selection on the on demand anime network, is enough to make me look elsewhere. Sorry Verizon, this was a very poor move.

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 76 of 508
(2,648 Views)

send an e-mail to this person he is the CEO/Chairman of Verizon{edited for privacy}

good luck I too will miss losing channel 262 since I watch it 6-8 hr every night  

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 77 of 508
(2,643 Views)

This is stupid. FUNimation is the reason I switched to Verizon in the first place. I guess I'll just go back to COMCAST, they don't have FUNimation but they never ripped it out from under me either. Have fun losing subscribers Verizon, I hope it was worth it for a channel that "didn't get enough viewers."

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 78 of 508
(2,625 Views)

The reason I got Fios was for this channel. Please keep it

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 79 of 508
(2,621 Views)

Try by sending this person an e-mail he is the Chairman and CEO of Verizon his email address is {edited for privacy} please pass this information on and try to get as many people to send him an email saiding him not to cancel the Funimation Channel (262)

Highlighted
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Message 80 of 508
(2,616 Views)

Funimation is now running a crawl about FiOS dropping the channel.  This is a great thing since now MORE people will know what is happening.  

Normally I would be upset about seeing a constant crawl (text at the bottom of the screen that scrolls), but as far as I am concerned, Funimation can keep it up there until 1 of 2 things happen:

1 - FiOS doesn't listen to their customers and drops the channel.

2 - FiOS LISTENS to their customers and decides to keep it

I know I've been waiting for 2 years for the HD version.  This cancellation is a double kick to the midsection.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.