Switch Account

Goodbye to DirecTV

Gold Contributor V
Gold Contributor V
Message 11 of 11
(3,152 Views)

Hmmm. Not arguing or anything but are you SURE that the DTV movie selection is so much better. I just checked my Verizon On Demand and then Pulled up my DTV on demand and the selection his a hell of a lot better on the Verizon. I have both (one place in Verizon territory and one that is not). Now granted, much of the "free" content that Verizon has is with the premium channels. (since I subscribe to nearly everything I may not be a good benchmark on this). My choices are so much better than the ones on DTV. Now DTV does have a LOT more choices in the series categories on demand, but when it comes to movies, I dont see any comparison. But then I just checked when I read this, as I rarely use the VOD feature to begin with so maybe I'm catching it on a good day for Verizon. But all this talk over Verizon and DTV had me curios as I have both. The prices are nearly the same when comparing apples and apples. I dont count the "Sunday ticket" football package I have with DTV. But when I itemize the two bills. Verizon comes out cheaper but only by $2.63. And when it comes to picture quality, Verizon is better, hands down. While both Direct TV and Dish are advertising full 1080P broadcast. the shows are not 1080p. They are "up converted" not true 1080P. And with Verizon, they broadcast in up to 1080i but broadcast actually in what the station is sending out (or what the show is filmed in). no alterations. To me thats worth everything. But then thats my preference. The only complaint I have is in the length of time for orders. Verizon has to "process" everything, while DTV is pretty much instantaneous, But thats just a matter of the systems they each use.

====================================================================================

Error exists between keyboard and chair.
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.