Grit Channel 485
VTMom11

Why is the Grit channel running the message about Univision and not showing the stated programming?  I wish there was an easier way to get answers regarding these issues. 

0 Likes
Re: Grit Channel 485
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

I had read on another forum that CH 50 had been dropped which is Univision (I believe in Boston area). Grit (and a couple of others) were probably subchannels off of that. Because of negotiations, the content has been dropped for now.

0 Likes
afmannjr

This issue needs to be resolved and the channels impacted returned to on air status.  You can still receive Grit Tv and Get Tv on regular non cable television.

0 Likes
PatrickC1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Ok, this is January 12th 2018 and it is happening again. Grit 485, Escape 486 among probably others are not bradcasting as before.  Why is this happening again?  I thought the negotiation was settled.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are you getting the Univision message or some other message stating these channels aren't available?

0 Likes
PatrickC1
Enthusiast - Level 1

The channel has been displaying all day, “Your Fios TV is working. The content provider is not currently sending programming for this channel.”   There is no other info.

Thanks,

PC

0 Likes
RodwellSmith

Did you get an answer to Why GRIT, THIS and GET tv channels are not showing content on Verizon FIOS?

0 Likes
PatrickC1
Enthusiast - Level 1

No I did not.  I hoped that maybe someone from Verizon might shed some light on this issue.  The last time this happened, the company, I believe (Univision?) was going to raise rates.  I can only assume this is happening again.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

I believe there was some channel consolidation in DC area.

So they may have either dropped the channel or it is being rearranged and hasn't been reconnected yet.

Channel 485
VaJudge

I'm paying for full service, yet Channel 485 has been down for a month, or more, along with a couple of other channels that carry programs I enjoy.  When might you restore these channels, or issue a credit on my monthly bill for the absence of these channels?

0 Likes