Re: Guide
MikeK
Enthusiast - Level 2

I disagree if you are claiming that by adding 2 new HD channels, Verizon has made up for taking away the movie channels that I, like everyone else who has them, have been paying a premium for.  Unfortunately, I don't know which channels they added.  Maybe they are something I will be interested in, maybe not.  But my point is adding something to the HD channel lineup doesn't make up for taking away the movie channels that others are paying premiums for.  I subscribed to the premium channels and agreed to pay a certain amount of money for a certain number of channels.  They have reneged on this.  I don't give a hoot if other companies are doing it also.  It's wrong.  And they should now concentrate on fixing the cast listings. 

0 Likes
Re: Guide
prisaz
Legend

@MikeK wrote:

I disagree if you are claiming that by adding 2 new HD channels, Verizon has made up for taking away the movie channels that I, like everyone else who has them, have been paying a premium for.  Unfortunately, I don't know which channels they added.  Maybe they are something I will be interested in, maybe not.  But my point is adding something to the HD channel lineup doesn't make up for taking away the movie channels that others are paying premiums for.  I subscribed to the premium channels and agreed to pay a certain amount of money for a certain number of channels.  They have reneged on this.  I don't give a hoot if other companies are doing it also.  It's wrong.  And they should now concentrate on fixing the cast listings. 

These are the channels added to the Extreme HD and Ultmate HD packages. I do agree that these are not premium, and if the West coast feeds were being paid for as a premium channel add-on, and not part of a package then yes you are getting less for what you are paying for. But such as life. The terms of service say Verizon can do as they wish with the channel line up. Wrong or not. Other choice is to put up rabit ears and watch broadcast tv.

623 Investigation Discovery HD

621 National Geographic Channel HD

0 Likes