HBO GO won't activate
JK1974
Enthusiast - Level 2

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP FIX THIS!!!  I used HBO GO without a problem on my Smart TV and on my phone until around October 2016.  Now, everytime I attempt to sign in to it, they have me select my carrier (Verizon Fios), it brings me to the sign in page for Verizon Fios, I sign in, and them I'm told by Verizon that I need to purchase Fios in order to use HBO GO.  I HAVE HAD FIOS FOR YEARS!!!!!!! 

I can't count how many attempts I have made contacting Verizon support (only to be hung up on after an hour of them not being able to figure it out), on the phone with HBO GO (who says it's a problem with Verizon), virtual agents, and now this community because Verizon cannot seem to get it together.

I have provided my information, I have tried everything you say, why can't you just fix it?  I am not the only person having this issue.  Why don't you have easier access to file a complaint or e-mail tech support?  I don't want to select a reason, I just want to send a fxxking e-mail to someone in the hopes of getting a resolution to my problem.  I am beginning to think that my only solution now is to purchase it through Amazon.

Tags (2)
Re: HBO GO won't activate
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Silly question, but I assume you subscribe to HBO.

Have you tried logging in to HBO go from another device besides your smart tv?

Maybe smart phone or PC?

0 Likes
JK1974
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello CRobGauth,

Yes, I am subscribed to HBO.  Yes, I have attempted to log in to HBO GO on several other devices, I am told each time that I need to purchase FIOS.

0 Likes
JK1974
Enthusiast - Level 2

I will also add that I have updated the software on my TV, deleted the HBO GO app from the TV and my smartphone and re-installed them, and confirmed with multiple Verizon employees that I do indeed have FIOS. 

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi JK1974,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes