HBO Max
mdegrushe
Enthusiast - Level 1

Will current FIOS subscribers to HBO receive a free subscription to HBO Max when it launches?  If not we will need to cancel the subscription for the HBO channel and sign up for an HBO Max subscription.

0 Likes
Re: HBO Max
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

It hasn't been stated yet.

Last I read, I think only one provider had made an agreement for it.

Most of the other majors are still in negotiations.

Unknown71

Verizon and AT&T finally have an agreement.   HBO Max will be on FiOS.  Good news now when you google HBO Max Fios.  

0 Likes
sugarfree

Too little, too late. When I called Fios CS last week to ask, they said "no, not getting Max."

I'm glad they did, because when I went to the HBO MAX site, I was able to sign up directly and get their special: $11.99 per month for 12 months, with HBO NOW sign in till they launch. I'll automatically get all the Time Warner collection as well. That special only lasts another 4 days - till they launch on 5/27.

I can smartcast it from phone or tablet to the TV, or watch on my Firestick - which I'll sideload with MAX if they don't reach agreement with Amazon before then. 

Canceled HBO with FIOS the next day, and will save $36 over the next 12 months. Sweet deal. 

0 Likes
Kingstown

You followed my original plan, but you missed one detail, which is that HBO Max won’t be available on Amazon fire stick. That is the only reason why I plan to keep HBO through FiOS.

0 Likes
sugarfree

I understood what you said - but within a week you'll be able to easily sideload it onto your firestick - and you can cast it onto your TV using any smartphone. I'm watching Lord of the Rings on my TV right now. 

Besides, in order to view HBO MAX via Verizon - you have to stream it anyway. It's not on any channel on the guide. 

Signing up during the sale and dropping HBO from Fios was a great decision, and I hope others took advantage of it. 

0 Likes
njronbo
Enthusiast - Level 2

Now that HBO Max is available has Verizon given any instructions for those of us with HBO on how to redeem our free subscription?

I created an account on HBO Max but no way to tie it into my existing HBO or Verizon account.

Kingstown

When you get to the HBO Max front page, select “sign in through TV or mobile provider” and use your Fios credentials 

0 Likes
eugene491
Enthusiast - Level 2

So I have HBO thru Fios but I have to use an Amazon fire stick for streaming on my TV. Amazon doesn’t have the HBOMax app. How do I convert my HBO subscription to HBOMax and watch it on my TV? Evidently you can’t do it thru the Fios box or on the on-demand. I’m no really interested in watching it on my IPad or phone. So what good is it?

0 Likes
sugarfree

The deal with Amazon/HBO is being finalized according to today's news. But in the meantime, just Cast from your phone to your TV. Works great!

Or wait a day or two when side-loading it onto your Firestick will be easy using the Downloader app on the stick. 

If you don't have that set up yet on your stick you should. You can easily sideload a whole bunch of great apps onto it  even if they're not in the app store. 

0 Likes