Re: HBO Max
sportsmedianut3
Enthusiast - Level 2

Will FIOS have a widget for HBO MAX like they do for Netflix and You Tube?

0 Likes
sugarfree

Just sideloaded HBO MAX to my Firestick using the instruction video below, and the two apps you'll need on your stick to do it: Downloader and Aptoide. It works perfectly. My List is there, and my Firestick remote works completely.

Notes: Once you've used Downloader to get Aptoide, and used that to download and install Max - click OPEN. 

You'll be taken to a screen with www.HBOMAX.com/tvsignin and a 6 digit code. Write it down. Open a browser on your computer, go to the URL and enter the code. 

You'll then be taken to tge sign in page - sign in with TV provider or MAX credentials. That's it - you're there. 

Click Home on the Firestick. You *won't* see the HBOMAX logo in your apps, but just click on the Aptoide logo - and it's there. Open it and watch away. 

Hope this has helped! 

www.thestreamingadvisor.com/how-install-hbo-max-on-a-fire-tv-stick

0 Likes
scififan
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am hoping someone here can help an old lady with HBO Max. We are subscribed to HBO via our Verizon cable account. We have a Roku too. Is it possible to stream HBO Max through our Roku so we can watch it on the TV?

I truly appreciate any help anyone can give me!

0 Likes
PJJM1
Enthusiast - Level 1

We're in the same boat. As of now, there is no HBO Max app for the Roku. We have to run an hdmi cable from my computer to the TV to watch it. If you have a smart TV that's connected to the internet you might be able to load the HBO Max app onto the TV itself, but they don't have a deal with Roku yet. 

scififan
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hi PJJM!

Thanks so much! I really appreciate your reply!

After a lot of online reading, and an email to my daughter, I found out the sad fact that Roku and HBO are not playing nicely. But, in a stroke of luck, rather than having to run an HDMI cable from the computer to the TV, we just purchased an Anniversary gift for ourselves (40 years!) of a new TV that does have Android TV, so it took a few steps, since we had not enabled the WiFi, but last night we were able to watch HBO Max!

0 Likes
VickH2

When will we get HOB Max?  How do we access it? 

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you subscribe to HBO via Verizon, then you can use your Verizon login credentials to access HBO Max