Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-Store & Curbside Pickup or same day delivery.

HBO Movies requires HD TV?

Rosa
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

HBO Movies requires HD TV?

Message 1 of 3
(4,831 Views)

I just added HBO & Cinamax to my Fios TV and I can not watch any movies on HBO because it states that HD TV & HD Digital Box required to view program. What does this mean? As of January 1st, 2010 you are required to have or purchase a HD TV and upgrade your FIOS digital box to watch HBO? Anybody else having this problem???

2 REPLIES 2
bobbo527
Bronze Contributor I
Bronze Contributor I

Re: HBO Movies requires HD TV?

Message 2 of 3
(4,815 Views)

Rosa,

Are you sure you're trying to watch the correct channels? If you're using an SD box then HBO/Cinemax will be the 400-431 channel range. You need an HD box to watch the HD channels which are 899-931. If you try to access channels 899-931 with an SD box you get the message you descrbed.

Keyboards
Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII

Re: HBO Movies requires HD TV?

Message 3 of 3
(4,785 Views)

Also if you are looking at HBO VOD you need to make sure you are not in the HD directory.

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.