HBO and several program channels being drop ...
MrR3
Enthusiast - Level 1

I received a notice in programming change today. I have no problem dropping a psudo "Premium" channel that has 5-10 y/o movies and nothing new. But ... Im PAYING for this Premium  channel and the rest in my package. There is no mention of price reduction! I'm getting less for the same cost? What am I getting in return for the loss of several channels?

Re: HBO and several program channels being drop ...
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Most likely, keeping other channels (whose price went up) without having a price increase.

HBO debundled
ccccg
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just got a letter saying that they're removing HBO from the package we have, and requiring us to pay an additional fee to add it back in.  Big time **bleep** move.  What's the story?

Re: HBO debundled
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Only people in NY were given HBO for free.

From what I have heard, it is only lower packages losing HBO.

Not sure if other providers have HBO in all levels of packages.

0 Likes
ICutty
Enthusiast - Level 1

It's not only the lower packages that are losing HBO.   You then must purchase it as an add-on for $15.  I have the Ultimate package and will lose HBO and Cinemax.  I recently became a Verizon Fios subscriber (6 mo.) when Cablevision did the same thing with Starz.  I was with Cablevision for 27 years.  Seems to me a "bait and switch" game.

Not happy.

FIOS package letter
jyoomoe

Did anyone receive a letter stating that HBO and HBO HD will be discontinued ?

Why? 

0 Likes
Re: FIOS package letter
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

There are seceral threads.

It is not that they are discontinuing HBO.

People in NY, only, have received HBO for free as part of their packages.

Verizon is no longer offering that.

I'm guessing economics. Either they feel it is no longer a competitive advantage, or the economics don't work. HBO is not a cheap set of channels to offer for free.

Re: HBO and several program channels being drop ...
jyoomoe

i just did a chat to discover why. Not really worried about it . I will just order it when Game of Thrones comes back. 

0 Likes
robinb328
Enthusiast - Level 1

I"m in NJ and HBO was included in my package, I have the Ultimate plan, so it is in the high tier, not the lower.  They are removing it.  

Re: FIOS package letter
Emskware
Enthusiast - Level 3

No, not yet.  But I pay extra for it.

0 Likes