Plato1211

Verizon removed HBO from my package before my contract ended. Nice way to treat a long time customer!

0 Likes
Re: HBO
FeedUpUser

If you live in the NYC area... All other providers are offering HBO in their plans. Just switch. I will first thing in the morning. 

0 Likes
Re: HBO and several program channels being drop ...
WillinWW

I'm in central NJ and my recent 7/18 notice advised Cinemax was being dropped,  no mention of HBO. No Ultimate package price reduction, can buy back Cinemax.  I've experienced very inconsistent bills in the past year varying up to $30/mo without renting any movies.  Their Customer Service is not good and hard to deal with.  I am now strongly considering cutting the cord as my sons have done.  Basic cable, Netflix, Amazon Prime, and Apple or Hulu would be enough.  Cable TV instead of competing more efficiently and with more not less product is driving themselves out of business.  Sad for us and their employees.

0 Likes
Tina1227
Enthusiast - Level 1

I JUST got off the phone with Verizon for the same exact reason!  Dropping HBO & Showtime but not reducing my bill.  I told them they are going to lose alot of customers!  Going to look at other cable options.  Also going to send a letter to upper management!  RIPOFFS!   How does everyone else feel about this?????????????

0 Likes
Premium Channel removed from Ultimate HD Package?
cb381

Verizon Fios removes Cinemax from their Ultimate bundle package to charge all customers a $15 per month subscription. However, Verizon Fios forgot to rebate current subscribers that same $15 per month for a service that was included in the contract agreement. The contracted bundle includes 3 premium channels for the duration of the agreement (Showtime, Epix and Cinemax).

Channels are added and removed periodically for the best possible programing available. This is explained in the many messages and emails sent when a channel is being removed/moved. However Bloomberg TV, Chiller, and beIN Sports are channels that few will even miss, if they knew the chanels even existed. These are low teir channels in the majority of markets across the USA. Cinemax however carries a different tune. It is a premium channel with access to movies, sports, on-demand, on-the-go, etc.(similar to Starz, HBO, Showtime, and Epix) Verizon Fios charges $15 per month for 1 or $25 per month for 2 of these premium channels.

Offering the promotion of Starz for 12 months may work for some customers who have 12 months or less left on their contract. If Starz is of interest to some customers, it replaces a premium channel with another premium channel. Unfortunately, there are many of us who have 13-24 months left on contract. We have just begun enjoying the Ultimate HD TV premium channel lineup ora have been for a short period of time. Startz for 12 months is not an acceptable replacement.

Verizon Fios will surely charge an early termination fee for breaking a 2 year contract. Now, Verizon Fios should do their loyal and high paying customers a service and give a $15 monthly credit for the remainder of the original agreement/contract. 

0 Likes
Re: Premium Channel removed from Ultimate HD Package?
NOQuantum

How' this? I pay for Starz and HBO as my two for 25.Iwas told that no adjustment could be made for losing Cinemax and I must continue to pay for Starz because I am under contract for OLD Ultimate HD. Starz is free under NEW Ultimate HD so I would have to get a new contract at the new higher price.Either way I am paying more for less.Hard to get firm pricing info but Xfinity internet and phone with Amazon,Netflix and direct premium subscriptions is looking better and better.

0 Likes
rlmsfo

Unbelievable. No wonder people are cord cutting. Count me among them.

0 Likes
Verizon very poor customer service and communication
tp47

Recently returned from vacation to find a letter from"Executive Director - Loyalty Marketing" telling us HBO/Cinemax programming will be removed from our premium FIOS package.  Not a word about reduction in price for losing very premium channels, no description of what what cost to include them on separate subscription, not even polite enough to include a contact number or email to respond to him.  Terrible customer relations.  Looks like Verizon may have worn out its welcome in our home and we will be searching for a replacement for tv, internet, phone service.  

0 Likes
Re: Verizon very poor customer service and communication
tp47

To top off that incredibly idiotic customer service letter, Verizon has no customer service email contact and expects its customers to wait on a long line to get phone service, and I waited way too long for the "chat" service to connect.  How does anyone expect to stay in business that way when there are other options?

0 Likes
Snappers1

I didn't realize they were dropping HBO & Cinemax from my plan.  I woke up today to no HBO or Cinemax.  I called and was told that they are dropping them because they believe that  a large telecommunications company that purchased HBO parent company is going to be raising rates.  So instead of raising our rates after the rates go up, they discontinued them from the package to keep the package at the same price.  

This is Absurd.   I put a complaint into the PSC in NYS.      Verizon just stole $20-$25 from their customers.  How can they not reduce the price.  They take out the 2 most expensive parts of the package and then have the nerve to claim that they are saving you money.   Ridiculous. 

0 Likes