Re: HBO debundled
Gpeg84

Your answer might lie in the fact that HBO is now to be owned by AT&T. AT&T competes with Verizon. Now Verizon wouldn't want to make their competitor richer so easily

0 Likes
ATalkingWalnut
Enthusiast - Level 1

@Gpeg84 wrote:

Your answer might lie in the fact that HBO is now to be owned by AT&T. AT&T competes with Verizon. Now Verizon wouldn't want to make their competitor richer so easily

This is pretty accurate, in my opinion. You can see my full take on this topic at reply #42 (https://forums.verizon.com/t5/Fios-TV-Programming/HBO-and-several-program-channels-being-drop/m-p/86...). It's not so much that Verizon doesn't want to make AT&T rich, it's more that AT&T wants to make Verizon pay more, because they know that they won't be able to absorb the cost and will have to pass some of that down to their customers, making FiOS more expensive and making more companies look at DirecTV

0 Likes
Sparten2018

HBO was debunked for a few years.

I've always been with Verizon for a long time had the ultimate package that had all channels.

Then they increased the prices pretty high I discontinued verizon.

It has become to be a game where y ok u sign up for a 2 yr contract then go with another provider then back with verizon.

Now verizon want to drop the lower channels.

HBO always been dropped for several years and if you want it you must pay an extra 15.99 while you had it as part of the ultimate package.

0 Likes
ATalkingWalnut
Enthusiast - Level 1

@Sparten2018 wrote:

HBO was debunked for a few years.

I've always been with Verizon for a long time had the ultimate package that had all channels.

Then they increased the prices pretty high I discontinued verizon.

It has become to be a game where y ok u sign up for a 2 yr contract then go with another provider then back with verizon.

Now verizon want to drop the lower channels.

HBO always been dropped for several years and if you want it you must pay an extra 15.99 while you had it as part of the ultimate package.

Until recently and in certain areas, HBO and Showtime were included in the Extreme TV package (second best TV package) and all the movie channels were included in the Ultimate TV package. I live in the NY metropolitan area, and we were one of the areas in which this was the case. When AT&T bought Time Warner, they raised the price of HBO & Cinemax for Verizon, Dish, and other TV providers, knowing that they would not be able to absorb the complete cost and would have to pass some of it onto their customers; which means more expensive monthly rates. Also, I'm pretty sure the premium channel a-la-carte prices are as follows: a single premium channel is $15, not $15.99, two cost $25, and all of them cost $40. 

0 Likes
Re: HBO and several program channels being drop ...
TaxDawg82
Enthusiast - Level 3

Then tell us those channels. If not, that can be a cover answer for anything. 

0 Likes
Diz07431

I am in Northern NJ.  My discounts ran out years ago, so I pay a fortune to Verizon -- including for "renting" cable boxes that I have paid for many times over.  I know people in the next town that pay a little less, have all the same channels, get the NFL Red Zone channel and DID NOT lose their HBO.  I have never had the Red Zone and my HBO was removed this week.  Needless to say, I am researching my alternative options.

0 Likes
Lmkids

Very disappointed in Verizon. I have an Ultimate package and they are removing HBO and Cinemax.  They should lower the cost instead of wanting to charge an additional $25.  Might have to go back to my original cable tv carrier. 

0 Likes
Re: FIOS package letter
Lmkids

I never received a letter. I found out when I called them with a question about my bill.  I would have found out on February 15 when the channels were not in my lineup anymore.  A very sneaky way to do business.  

0 Likes
lowrider_341

I have the Ultimate package and was told today, as I was trying to renew that it would be $47 more and HBO/Cinemax is now $25 more. A license to print money for sure.

0 Likes