HBO splash screen after TV guide upgrade
ralph3124
Enthusiast - Level 1

I was wondering if anyone has the same problem as I do, since Verizon upgraded the Tv guide recently?

My dvr records the programs, as usual, however, when I go to play back (especially HBO recordings), after about 5 - 10 minutes, a splash screen comes on from HBO (like I was trying to watch a channel I didn't pay for). If I hit STOP, then go to RESUME, the show plays again.

I sent an email to Verizon on Monday (1/16-12) without a reply and the usual support is not helpful in the least.

Absolutely no help at all. It wasn't this way before they updated the guide lately.

Thanks for any replys or assistance.

ralph3124

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: HBO splash screen after TV guide upgrade
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

You can do an autocorrection which should fix this. Pull up the menu, then go to CUSTOMER SUPPORT, then to IN HOME AGENT, then to SET TOP BOX AUTO CORRECTION. If you are still having troubles after doing this, send me a private message so I can be notified and help you out further.

Re: HBO splash screen after TV guide upgrade
ralph3124
Enthusiast - Level 1

Anthony:

I want to thank you for your help, but the auto correction didn't work. I did have trouble finding the "NEXT" button on the remote, but finally used the > button to the right of the OK.

The process did reset the DVR (among other things), but when I came back later & powered the unit on, I played a movie that I originally had trouble with and found the same trouble after a while. You asked me to send you a private message if the problem was unsolved, but I don't know how to send the private message.

Thanks for the help.

ralph

0 Likes