Re: HBO GO
WillFarnaby

I have been having the same problem for awhile also. No thanks to the Verizon moderators on this forum, I found out all you have to do is call the hotline and they will give you a username and password for HBOGo.

Whether or not it will work I can't say becasue they are closed tonight. She said that's all I need to do to get access to HBOGo though.

0 Likes
3rdwarrior1
What hotline do you call for a username and password? I've Bern having trouble logging in.
0 Likes
WillFarnaby

The people on the phone are clueless about this common problem with their service. They will be about as much help as the nonexistent Verizon people on this messageboard.

I actually found a simple solution for the problem. I usually use Firefox as my browser and I could never get HBOGO or Showtime to work. I brought it up in Google Chrome and they both work with no problems.

I deleted all my cookies and everything in Firefox, but I could never get it to work. Must be incomptabile with the browser.

0 Likes
leepfrog1414

Has anyone found a solution to this? I know I'm subscribed to HBO but I'm getting the same "You must subscribe" message when trying to access HBO GO. Accessing that was the main reason I got HBO! This is so frustrating..

I've tried accessing it with Sarfari and IE... not luck!

Any help?

Thanks

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

log in at www.verizon.com/fiostvonline and then let us know if you can get to hbo from there.

0 Likes
Mhertz
This does not work. I have Hbo as part of my package and when I subscribe to hob go it takes me to an upgrade screen. Horrible service.
0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

You have to use the email that is properly attached to your fios account.  So I would call cust service repair and ask them what email do they show attached to your fios internet -  if it's the generic VZExxxxx  email address, then you definetely have to do the activate.verizon.net

make sure the username and password you use, are the generic info.  don't use your already set up info on that site.   when you use the generic info, it searches and finds your already created account, and merges them into one, and after that - the hbo worked for me!

you can even try chat support if you don't want to call in. 

0 Likes
fdny

SOLUTION to HBO GO sign-in problem:

for those looking to fix the issue:

1. register your account online (you will be asked to create a username and password)

2. YOU CANNOT use this username/password to sign-in to HBO GO -- it won't work

3. Call Verizon

4. Tell them you HAVE NOT setup a Verizion email and that you need your DEFAULT/TEMPORARY USERNAME/PASSWORD (inisist on this, you have to very clear otherwise they don't know what you are talking about...basically you need a verizion email tied to your account so ask them for it)

5. go to webmail.verizion.net/signin  (use IE ..i was using firefox and i was getting an error "cannot redirect")

6. Login with the temporary username/password (username would start with "vzXXXXX")

7. It will ask you to change your password....change it and write it down

8.  Once you are logged in....log out

9. Open your HBO go APP

10. login with your vzXXXX@verizion.net and your passowrd

11. Viola!!!

12. SAVE THIS EMAIL AND PASSWORD...YOU WILL NEED IT if you want to watch NBCOlympics  on Verizion you will need this same username/password

0 Likes
Hulu Plus and Verizon and failures oh my!
Drew024
Enthusiast - Level 2

I"m not entirely sure where this actually goes. Recently Hulu.com started an integration with some TV service providers including Verizon. So those that have the FiOs TV service will have access to some of the hulu.com plus content for no additional cost. However, when attempting to link the two accounts I get an odd error. So I'm starting by making sure it's not some kind of wierd firewall issue etc.  Now, some might be saying, go call hulu. However, the process of verifying that you are a verizon customer, opens up a window that is part of the verizon site. So I'm wondering how can I fix this.

Here is the message I get....

To continue, you will need to become a HULU subscriber. HULU is available as part of the FiOS TV Prime package. Please upgrade to this package now.

This message is being generated by Verizon not Hulu. Yes, I have the prime package. I have tried this with all anti-virus spyware etc de-activated and I still get incorrect information. I'm also a Hulu subscriber. Yes, I've contacted Hulu, no they weren't any help.

The basic problem I see here is that there are two companies that have some kind of agreement and a system to connect the two services, however, the people responsible for putting this technology together don't actually talk with one another.

Here is some basic system information:

Windows 7 64bit

8 gigs RAM

3.5 GHZ 6 core processor

Vz FiOS 70mb download (computer connected directly to the router)

Tried this process with the following browsers:

Internet Explorer 10

Firefox 20.0

Chrome

Safari

Opera

Running Spybot and Avast for spyware and anti-virus respectively.

I hope to figure out how to fix this eventually.

0 Likes
Re: Hulu Plus and Verizon and failures oh my!
Hubrisnxs
Legend

go to www.verizon.com/fiostvonline and try to access any of the content there, make sure you can log in and play the movies.

if you can't then you need to activate your account properly with your order number at http://activate.verizon.net  

if you can access those online providers, then it might be that Verizon isn't ready yet,  I haven't seen any official announcement yet.   Do you have any links? 

0 Likes