HD Channels in PDX?
darren
Enthusiast - Level 2

I see that a number of people on the East Coast are getting more and more of the HD channels that I was waiting for, any news as to when Verizon is looking at putting those channels in PDX? 

0 Likes
Re: HD Channels in PDX?
HenryFarpolo
Contributor - Level 2

Portland was actually one of the first locations to get the first wave of new HD channels. The wave, unfortunately was bigger for some of the subsequent locations like NYC, Virginia, Ma and others. There are other first wave areas to be done, and because there has been inconsistency in deployment, who knows how many each will get.

I am located in Ma. We got many more new HD's than Portland, but fewer than NYC. There are no dates published from Verizon. I have read speculation that all areas will be brought up to the NYC level by the end of October. Wait and see!! There are also several new HD's on the horizon later in the fourth quarter.

0 Likes
boohdaboo
I ordered the extreme hd package today, so I'm gonna see if I get any more hd that way. It sounds liike it might just be a few sports channels though.
0 Likes
darren
Enthusiast - Level 2

I got notification yesterday that the interactive guide was updated October 1 - I have not seen the differences yet, most of the ones they commented about I had already seen earlier. 

I will wait until the end of October, I do remember a release at one point saying that by the end of 2008 there would be more channels.

I have the premium and also HBO/Cinemax (which was packaged with my HD-DVR) - I get the majority of the channels with the exclusion of the sports stuff. (I am more a movie fan than a sports buff.)

Wonder if they will ever get something online that will let people know what is coming and when. Be nice to at least understand what to expect soon.  

0 Likes