HD Channels?
Rob

I just got FIOS TV in Stoughton MA and I don't yet have an HD TV.  I did tune in to the local HDs and checked out NESN in HD.  Even with my 20 year old set the picture quality is better than the standard Dish Network I'd gotten used to.  But what about the other HD channels?  Are they included it the standard package?  I'm talking about TNT, TBS, ESPN, NFL Network and all those.  Every time I try to tune in it says I'm not subscribed to those channels.  Are we waiting for those HD channels or are they part of some package I didn't subscribe to?

0 Likes
Re: HD Channels?
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1
You need the 6200 or 6416 set top box and HD Content has to be turned on by Verizon Encore.
0 Likes
Rob

I have the 6416 box.  I guess I'll have to contact Verizon about "turning them on".  Does anyone know if  that's an extra package or does it come with the hd extreme that's included with the standard programming?

0 Likes
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

@Rob wrote:

I have the 6416 box.  I guess I'll have to contact Verizon about "turning them on".  Does anyone know if  that's an extra package or does it come with the hd extreme that's included with the standard programming?

All the national HDs (TNT, TBS, ESPN, NFL, HD NET, etc.) are included at no charge (at least for now).  Verizon has a habit of not enabling them when they should   :smileysad:

0 Likes
Rob
Thanks to all for your help.  I did contact Verizon today and the tech was kinda surprised that I was able to receive some HD channels but not all of them.  He tried resetting my box and even double checking my channel lineup to make sure it was set to the right town.  He finally volunteered to research the matter for me and within 45 minutes he called back to tell me that for some reason the above reply was the case.  He found a verizon associate who could authorize the correction and had it made immediately.  Now I see all the HD channels on the lineup card.  All I need next is an HD TV! 
0 Likes
HenryFarpolo
Contributor - Level 2
Prices continue to drop on HDTV's. I have had HD for quite some time, but continue to be amazed at the quality. Some of the shows on Nat Geo, Discovery and Smithsonian are captivating. And football is here!!! Treat yourself, Rob you deserve it!!
0 Likes
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

@Rob wrote:
Thanks to all for your help.  I did contact Verizon today and the tech was kinda surprised that I was able to receive some HD channels but not all of them.  He tried resetting my box and even double checking my channel lineup to make sure it was set to the right town.  He finally volunteered to research the matter for me and within 45 minutes he called back to tell me that for some reason the above reply was the case.  He found a verizon associate who could authorize the correction and had it made immediately.  Now I see all the HD channels on the lineup card.  All I need next is an HD TV! 

Glad they fixed the problem for you.  I had the same thing happen when I first was hooked for TV up a year ago April and they still haven't got their act together to program the HD boxes right the first time Smiley Wink

0 Likes