HD quality?
ErikSorensen

Hi - (very) recent convert from Comast here...  everything is great so far except for one thing.  The HD does not appear as clear as it did with Comcast.

Most noticably with Hawaii Five-O on CBS...  before it was like looking through a window, but now it is still a great picture...  but not as sharp.  TV is a Samsung UN55C7000, if that helps.  Are there any settings I could check or is this a known issue?

0 Likes
Re: HD quality?
Shamika_VZ
Contributor - Level 3
Hello ErikSorensen,

I have sent you a private message to further assist you.

Thanks,

Shamika_VZ

Verizon Support

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supersede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or Plan.

0 Likes
gary787

I have the same problem with my Samsung UN46B8000 FXZA.  The picture was crystal clear with Comcast, but with Fios it is fuzzy.  I'm just talking about the HD picture.  The SD is worse too, but more interested in fixing the HD.  The tech came out and replaced the DVR, but still have the same problem.  He said the signal was an 8, which is strong, but couldn't do anything else to help me and closed out the ticket.  Are there settings on the DVR or Samsung that have to be made.  Very disatisfied with HD picture quality.

0 Likes
tns
Master - Level 2

Obvious first is to make sure you are using HDMI and have the video signal set to 1080i.

After that experiment with your TV settings.  In particular on the Samsung turn down sharpness to about 15 to 20.

Picture looks great on both my PN50C7000 and PN63C8000.

0 Likes
gary787

tns, thanks.  I am using HDMI and video is set to 1080i.  Could you tell me what settings you use.  Picture is good, but no where near as good as comcast was.

0 Likes
tns
Master - Level 2

Samsung (note my be different on your set)

Standard

contrast -- 95

brightness -- 45

**   sharpness -- 18

color and tint at 50

color tone -- normal

Picture options

** size SCREEN FIT  *  I recommend this, as the picture for 1080i will be pixel to pixel.

digital noise and mpeg -- currently auto

Anti-judder -- off

Note your didn't mention what STB and IMG level.  I believe those with 1.9 (or is CISCO models) have some sort of adjustments.  Personally I would not let it do any adjustments or add any "sharpness"

0 Likes
gary787

tns, thanks again.  My Mtorola STB is set to

TV Type 16:9

YPbPr Output 1080I

4:3 Overide 480I

I guess those are right.  The fit to screen helped, but still not up to the comcast. 

You stated...

Personally I would not let it do any adjustments or add any "sharpness"

How would I find this out.

You've been helpful.  Thanks.

0 Likes
gary787

Not sure how to check IMG.

0 Likes
lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

Just a silly question ... are you sure you're looking at the HD feed for the channel from your local affiliate?  For example, my CBS affiliate has a feed on "2" which is SD, and a feed on "502" which is HD.   Additionally, if you switch between these two channels, do the pictures look different?

0 Likes
gary787

Yes, I'm looking at 502, not the SD 2.  Not sure where the problem is.  Still playing with some settings.

0 Likes