Re: HD quality?
gary787

And, yes they do look digferent.   502 is excelent compared to 2, but  not like comcast was,

0 Likes
duckydan
Enthusiast - Level 2

Not sure where you are located but it could be the signal your local CBS affiliate is sending.  Since the bandwith

is higher on verizon vs comcast there should be an improvement and not a degredation.  If you notice the problem on multiple channels and not just CBS I'd have them look at the STB and cabling if it is not something as simple as a setting change that needs to be made.

0 Likes
gary787

I noticed my SNR under screen 4 of the DVR is 26.2 dB which is 'good' and the AGC is 31% which is labeled 'fair'.  Could this cause a picture problem and what should the  value be.  And, how  can it be brought up to good. 

0 Likes
celticpride1
Contributor - Level 2

I remember having the same issue with cbs last fall watching NCIS,but i use a tivo premiere. I never did find ou what the problem was,makes me the problem is directly from CBS, BTW i live in apple valley california and our local CBS station is from los angeles,if i have problems again this year i'll be contacting CBS to try and resolve yhis problem!,on my tv NCIS looked like i was watching tv through a screen door! I think the real culpirt are the samsung tvs as thats what i have a samsung 55"" 6000.

0 Likes
eiVaL
Enthusiast - Level 3

technically a proper picture calibration shouldnt have any added "sharpness"

normally when someone thinks its fuzzy is cause they're use to overly sharpened video in the past.

0 Likes