How can I get only Favorites listed when I press Guide?
nan9091
Enthusiast - Level 1

There used to be an option to have Favorites as the defaul Guide List.  How to I get that?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How can I get only Favorites listed when I press Guide?
Justin46
Legend

Go into the Menu on the STB:

Menu ==> Settings ==> Favorite Channels ==> see below

Then set Favorites Button to Toggle Flip by Favorites and Flip by Favorites to Favorites 1 (or Favorites 2), whichever list you want to initially see. So when you hit Guide you will see that Favorites list, and you can easily switch to the full guide or another favorites list by hitting the Favorites button, it will rotate between the two (or three) lists. Remember that whichever list you last display in the Guide is the one you will see the next time you hit the Guide button.

Works on both IMG 1.8 and 1.9A.

Keller, TX 76248

View solution in original post

Justin46
Legend

Go into the Menu on the STB:

Menu ==> Settings ==> Favorite Channels ==> see below

Then set Favorites Button to Toggle Flip by Favorites and Flip by Favorites to Favorites 1 (or Favorites 2), whichever list you want to initially see. So when you hit Guide you will see that Favorites list, and you can easily switch to the full guide or another favorites list by hitting the Favorites button, it will rotate between the two (or three) lists. Remember that whichever list you last display in the Guide is the one you will see the next time you hit the Guide button.

Works on both IMG 1.8 and 1.9A.

Keller, TX 76248

nan9091
Enthusiast - Level 1

Justin - thank you, that worked!!  It is very tricky, and I had asked at least 4 Verizon people how to do it, but never got the complete solution. Even worse, several said it could not be done, and would not be done, by Verizon!!!

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@nan909 wrote:

Justin - thank you, that worked!!  It is very tricky, and I had asked at least 4 Verizon people how to do it, but never got the complete solution. Even worse, several said it could not be done, and would not be done, by Verizon!!!

You are very welcome, and thanks for coming back and reporting success, not all people do, and thanks also for the kudo.

If you are interested in more details on the Favorites function, here is a link to a thread from a couple of years ago on setting up and using Favorites. In the first post is a link to a document I wrote almost three years ago now on exploiting Favorites, you might find some other useful information there.

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/FiOS-TV-Technical-Assistance/Exploiting-FiOS-TV-Favorites-IMG-1-8/m-p/9...

That thread and document is of course about the 1.8 level of the IMG, I am working on a 1.9A version, there are some changes.

Again, glad to help.

Keller, TX 76248

wswjacci

Thank you, thank you, thank you!  I knew there should be a way to make this happen; but, had no idea how to get my answer.  Please excuse my enthusiasm, this is my first time on this forum.  I didn't even know it existed.  But thanks, again, for the solution to my 'never asked' question!

0 Likes