How do I find out if FIOS is carrying a PPV Special Event.
Sussler
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm interested in the Grateful Dead Fare Thee Well concerts from Santa Clara and Chicago.  There are 5 shows over 2 weekends starting 6-27-15.

I know other companies are carrying them but I haven't been able to find it on the Verizon schedule.  Does that mean they're not carrying it or that it's not posted yet?

If they're not carrying it, any clue how I try to get them to do so?

Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: How do I find out if FIOS is carrying a PPV Special Event.
Sixtus

I Chatted with a verizon person today - they indicated that this event has not yet appeared on their server, and therefore they could not comment.  i then asked if, since it was not listed on the server, yet the event website noted it would be avialable on PPV starting June 1st, did that mean it was NOT going to be broadcast on Fios?  They said to check back in 5-6 days as it may then appear on the schedule. 

this reply left me skeptical at best. 

0 Likes
BajaAlta
Enthusiast - Level 3

Verizon FiOS will carry Fare Thee Well on PPV - just takes some time for events to show up in systems.

0 Likes
bstanfordb
Enthusiast - Level 2

Really?!

It is now two days before the event and it's still not listed on the schedule.

It says on the GD site that it will be carried by Fios.... but I see no evidence of that being the actual case.

0 Likes
bstanfordb
Enthusiast - Level 2

Oh, it also said only the Chicago shows will be carried on PPV by cable providers.  So if you want the CA shows you have to webcast it.

0 Likes