How to Block inappropriate VOD when performing a search
jumpin68ny
Master - Level 2

Yesterday afternoon my daughter was searching for a Disney Movie called 16 Wishes and the search list came up with the following:

1.  16 Wishes

2.  Huge Wet **bleep** #16

3.  Play with me Sesame.

My daughter who is 9 wants to know what kind of movie is #2.    Its almost as if I cannot allow a 9 year old to search for anything without worrying what content she may find.  I do have parental controls enabled to prevent her from watching that kind of smut but come on, how inappropriate is it for someone to search for a kids program and Huge Wet **bleep** shows up in the list.  

Is there a way to block this type of content being displayed?

p.s. I'm sure some part of this post will be blocked but I figured if VOD can display it I can write it here.

0 Likes
Re: How to Block inappropriate VOD when performing a search
lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

Menu -> Settings -> Parental Controls -> Adult Information -> Hide Adult Info

When I turn this feature on, all adult related titles are removed from both the main search as well as the VOD search screens.  I tried this by searching for the test phrase "Huge" with in on (nothing found) and with it off (well ... you can imagine the whole litany of colorful titles that it produced).

0 Likes
Re: How to Block inappropriate VOD when performing a search
Rhodyman
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks for bringing up this topic OP. I have 2 young daughters (8 & 10) and I meant to address this topic but forgot about it.  Ironically, I taped the same show for them the other night!

0 Likes