How to Remove Premium Channels Like HBO or Cinemax
RandomHelp

I wanted to document this because nobody should have to go through the hoops I just had to.  Sadly, I'm sure others have gone through much more.  Follow these steps to remove channels you no longer want to pay for, or avoid paying for because their free trial is about to expire:

1. log in here - https://www22.verizon.com/ForyourHome/Registration/Reg/OrLogin.aspx (Note: This login page could be different then what you're used to signing in to.  I have no clue why there are different systems that you can log into.)
  2. make sure the tab that says TV is selected in the middle of the screen towards the top
  3. select the add/change channels hyperlink towards the middle of the page
  4. uncheck whatever channel or bundle you no longer what to have
  5. select the Next button at the bottom of the page
  6. review the Order and select Next
  7. at this point I can't remember the rest of the steps, but they should be very self-explanatory
Also, if you're trying to get actual help via chat, go to the home page for Verizon FiOS and act like you're going to order new service.  As you click around you'll find a link to chat to a rep.  Click there and they can help you out just like any other customer service rep.  I would just give the link if I could find it again.  For being an internet provider, Verizon FiOS' site is TERRIBLE.
0 Likes
Re: How to Remove Premium Channels Like HBO or Cinemax
JHelven
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have been going around in circles for like 30 minutes trying to figure out how to remove HBO. I tried what you said, but I don't see any link that says add/change channels. Everything I click on keeps taking me back to a page to "compare tv plans". I am about to go insane...when I tried to chat, I typed in my message and when I hit send, it said Chat no longer available, sorry!

Justin46
Legend

@JHelven wrote:

I have been going around in circles for like 30 minutes trying to figure out how to remove HBO. I tried what you said, but I don't see any link that says add/change channels. Everything I click on keeps taking me back to a page to "compare tv plans". I am about to go insane...when I tried to chat, I typed in my message and when I hit send, it said Chat no longer available, sorry!

The post you are replying to is over 3 years old. It is very likely Verizon has changed the structure of the pages and moved stuff, they do that all the time.

I don't know where you need to go since I do not have any premium channels that I could try to remove, but I would start at MyVerizon and click on the Shop button.

Keller, TX 76248 (VHO 1)

0 Likes
JHelven
Enthusiast - Level 2

It was the only post I could find and I didn't realize how old it was until after I posted it. Any help would be appreciated. I don't feel like sitting on the phone all night, I have been working my butt off and I just want some things resolved. Surely there must be a better way to contact verizon. Live chat not available, and I have another issue with being charged for months for a box I don't have....

0 Likes
JHelven
Enthusiast - Level 2

Never mind, I figured out how to remove it. Thanks for the info! I was going crazy trying to find it and it seemed I kept ending up at the same page.

Now to just get the overcharge issue taken care of.....

0 Likes
asparagus2
Enthusiast - Level 3

Just wondering how you figured it out?

I can't seem to get it to work....

When I go into my account settings under Add/Upgrade my Services, I select premium channels.

There I have the option add a premium, if I click on it, it adds to cart and I can check out.

I can't figure out how to remove one though -- I uncheck the service, it asks if I am sure I want to remove it, then nothing happens.  The service is unchecked and the page says "You currently have this service on your account and have chosen to remove it" but there is no way to check out, nothing added to cart, no next button.

Does this work for anyone else, or can you not remove a premium via the Accounts and Services page?

Maybe I am missing something obvious, but I'd prefer to just do it online instead of a potentially long phone call!

Thanks!

0 Likes
Beery1

I'm having the same problem. If anyone replies, could they please give information about how to do it using the new(ish) Verizon website.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over five years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes